No idea what I'm selling or what it's worth

Make a list and give prices or don’t bother.
This isn’t a fecking lucky dip shop.

4 Likes

Dude, you really should play some music

1 Like

Don’t want to anymore…moved on in life.

Nice knowing you…

Bye

1 Like

Don’t think he’s flouncing, per se, but just bored to shit of fucking audiophile music, whatever the fuck that is.

He might have stuck at it if he’d bought stuff that he actually liked, rather than stuff he thought he should like, or stuff that made his system sound good?

But if he wasn’t flouncing, or attention seeking, he would simply list his collection so he could sell it.
i.e. he is just being a dick !

Quite.

List it with prices. Very simple.

1 Like

The whole thread is Meh ! / delete.

No, it’s entertaining :grin:

1 Like

True dat, I guess, sort of.

You’re in the right place - hence the salty responses.

The only way to pull out of your collection and realize the SACD, Mofi / DCC et al’s potential is to sell the cream of the collection individually.
Sounds like hassle but it’s easier than selling vintage vinyl (No bar code) Get https://www.scanlister.com/ you can list (apparently) 100 items an hour.
Yes, you have to pack but that’s made simple: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1000-x-ECO-FRIENDLY-PIP-SIZE-CD-CARD-MAILERS-180x165-/200877189740?epid=1188302924&hash=item2ec536aa6c:g:DMYAAOSw5cNYf1Ce
If many are sealed you will do well with the premium titles, the cannon fodder can go to a CD wholesaler.
If you were hoping to find the singular man at the end of the rainbow who shares your exact taste and is willing to pay retail for the collection as a whole, you’ve already met him - you see him in your reflection every day.

9 Likes

Oh the irony

5 Likes

Sad fact - you’ve spent £50k on CD’s apparently. They are now likely worth closer to £5k. The other £45k is now lost.

Sometimes the most important lessons in life are the cruelest.

1 Like

There is a buyer for everything - finding them takes time and effort. Many of your CD’s will have depreciated - Some will have put on some weight. You may not catch such a cold if you’re willing to put the time in. This is why dealers apparently offer ‘rip of money.’ Put simply: paying tax and wrapping money into stock that a fair percentage will not move for 10 years, building a client base, logistics, reputation, losses, overheads etc etc cost time and money.
There is likely no one looking for an instant 2K collection that is exactly to your taste (Even at 30% RRP). Hence the piece meal suggestion.

There are quite a number of classical SACD titles (particularly classical) and DCC / MOFI (Gold disks) that are in the £50+ region. I would list individually in mixed (premium titles + lesser value numbers that are over £10 value) batches of 100-200. You will come to loathe the post office in ways you never imagined…Hence the don’t bother listing titles under £10, you will simply rather bin them than bother - (Hello music magpie / record fairs / job lots)

3 Likes

I’ll offer you £20 for the jap Thomas Dolby?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/T-BONE-BURNETT-Proof-Through-The-Night-Promo-QUIEX-II-Audiophile-LP-WB-23921-/152669546330?hash=item238bd0675a:g:V9sAAOSw4GVYRMJD

Even sealed £50 is hopeful

I’ll bear in mind…really want to sell all 4 in one go as more than likely got to post em.

Holy fucking shit dude, you literally want people to come and shove fivers through your letterbox because everything else is too much effort.

Get them cataloged, and do some work.

As for these abominations:

Sort your fucking life out.

5 Likes

Subtle, I like that.

4 Likes