No idea what I'm selling or what it's worth

Making a really shit job of selling a bunch of stuff at unrealistic prices on a forum which really isn’t about hifi and is relatively small. Good job :clap:

4 Likes

Got any gold fuses?

2 Likes

It’s a shame that Sodders’ stuff got wiped from the 'Wam. As I recall he had a suitably ranting ‘Guide To Selling’ over there which would have suited this situation perfectly. It boiled down to i) make a detailed list, ii) price everything, iii) don’t expect to get too much for second hand stuff (unless it’s seriously rare and desirable), iv) answer reasonable questions quickly and clearly. It was funnier than that though.

VB

3 Likes

We’ve got a short pithy guide right here though Graeme - don’t do it like this joker.

1 Like

I feel for the seller, I see this all the time. Buys expensive stuff, believes he’s made an investment, believes it’s as easy to sell as it is to buy. Hasn’t considered the nature of a niche market. The thing is he might get lucky, the odds are however that he will either get tired of no sale and will be forced kicking and screaming into a little effort discounted reality OR put the footwork in to take appealing images and add detail in terms of the hifi and put further effort into selling the CD collection piece meal. I’m not smug about this, it’s an unpleasant situation. The truth often tastes bad.

3 Likes

If the seller had taken time to introduce himself to the forum ahead of his first posts being in the classified section, and if the for sale posts were better put together, then I might be more inclined to agree with you.

Bit moot as I think he’s left the forum?

He had a look 26 minutes ago.

Removed his email and mobile to save him further embarrassment.

He ignored my pm

Not ideal

Is it surprising? :thinking:

Basic courtesy when you make the effort to post on here.

Just asked about some of the ambient cds.

You have to start somewhere if you are serious and simple questions aren’t hard!

Jesus, this really is pissing in the wind.

Just ignore the daft adverts and let them drift away.

1 Like