Notes from a remote island

I’ve got some Pro Signal Toslink cables from CPC. They sound no different to more expensive cables and the build quality is better than the cheap as chips stuff. Prices start at £2.50 + VAT and delivery is free for orders over £17.50+ VAT.

1 Like

Can throw in jiffy bag if you want.

5 Likes

Think Paul needs Toslink connections Guy,

2 Likes

Yes, and that’s what it is, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Ah, ok Guy sorry, looked like a different connector at the top of the first pic, and the label on the bag threw me…

Sorry for being thick, I can’t seem to help it these days. :frowning_face:

1 Like

I like to put all my optical cables in bags marked “1m USB” because, err, drugs.

2 Likes

I am so un-techy that an optical version of usb could actually be a thing afaik.

1 Like

Here are the connections that it needs to fit

Bear with me, this is uncharted territory :grinning:

Just post it to
Monkey hanger
Fetlar

Job done :+1:

4 Likes

Yep.

That’s a TOSLink / optical cable, the letter D on its side with a little door on it under “optical”.

Been done.

“Who swung the monkey?”
etc.
etc.

?

1 Like

Somewhere I’ve got a boxfull of foo, literally-award-winning glass Supra Toslink-Toslink cables - check how long you need Paul, and if I’ve got one suitable you can have it as a listeningroomwarming pressie.

5 Likes

Thanks Paul, but Guy is sending me the one pictured up thread.

Appreciated anyway :+1:

1 Like

I did a Tel :+1:

I might be completely wrong but looking at the photo of the cable Guy is sending to Paul it looks to me like an extension cable with one plug and one socket. For normal use the cable needs a plug like the one at the top of the photo on both ends.
I could quite easily be going mad here - please put me out of my misery …

It’s a normal cable.

It also has strange adaptors at both ends that I’ve never used.

I think they might be for fitting into some kind of odd socket. Hence there looking like there’s a female connector there too. There is, but there are two male connectors and two female adaptors.

Everybody stop analysing the fuzzy picture on the internet and believe me when I say it’s the right cable, m’kay?

6 Likes

3.5mm adaptors for things like Chromecast Audios and portable minidisc players etc. etc.

Cable contention never tires.

2 Likes

Yes it does.

Your blind test should have been double blind and done during full moon - just sayin.

1 Like