Notes from a remote island

Amazing artwork, Paul.

Well done.

1 Like

They’re beautiful Paul.

Gonna do a parakeet?

1 Like

They look amazing, love the 2nd one!

1 Like

As @Nick_Dartmoor said Paul, you really do need to keep on with that. Bonkers results after 5 weeks.

1 Like

Mythical creature. No one’s ever actually seen one. All are AI.

2 Likes

These are very good after so little time, I’m impressed!

1 Like

Excellent stuff Paul. I’d be chuffed if I get could get within a mile of any of those!

1 Like

Thanks for the (overly!) generous comments guys :blush:

I still have a very long way to go but it’s early days and I’m committed to giving it a year, to see where I get to.

17 Likes

Just don’t overthink it - let it go in a direction that brings pleasure/happiness to you.

And sell everything you don’t like to tourists :ok_hand:

1 Like

Lopwell prize donation next year ?

In the spirit of awarding shite prizes, that nobody wants to win, it’s not a bad idea :rofl:

3 Likes

Some lovely drawing observation and paint technique on display already here Paul. These are very fine indeed and can only imagine what another years practice will bring - keep it up, you have the talent.

3 Likes

Our neighbour is a very talented artist. And a truly lovely person. He has improved a lot over the last year or two. So, practice makes perfect.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TomGowenart

1 Like

Yeah, they’re pretty good.

Oils are very different to watercolours, I don’t think I’ll be going there.

1 Like

No. But, my point is that you have loads of talent and practice will lead to even further improvement.

1 Like

That’s all I aspire to.

Definitely NOT going down that rabbit hole :grin:

Today’s effort is a juvenile Red-backed Shrike

28 Likes

That is fabulous. You should be well-pleased.

Trying a different approach - a bolder, more expressive technique. Kind of Jim Moir style but without his prodigious talent.

Unfinished, but you get the idea

27 Likes

Don’t knock your own talent Paul, that is beautiful :heart_eyes:

Lovely Paul,

Can you do one of a parakeet for the raffle?

5 Likes