Number plates yer da buys

Thought I’d stick my head above the parapet with a new (I think?) Motoring thread to celebrate the Great British hobby of spending one’s hard-earned on a cherished plate to distinguish you and your car from the humdrum.

Nothing against private plates as a general principle, but I am proposing that some are a bit cunty…

Starting off with this

3 Likes

Ironically,the plate is the best looking part of that car

1 Like

Was driving into London on the M4 back in December & came up alongside an older green chauffeur driven Bentley with a blonde haired woman in the rear. Couldn’t get a good enough look as we passed to see who it was. Some tv presenter or actress I guess.

Plate’s probably worth more than the car

2 Likes

The owner . . .

IMG_7538

2 Likes

Probably lady penelope and Noel Gallagher driving

3 Likes

I was thinking Vanessa Feltz, Deborah Meaden, Joanna Lumley someone like that

1 Like

& without doubt the most appropriate!

More likely Katie Hopkins :unamused:

1 Like

Thankfully, that twat can’t afford an oyster card these days.

6 Likes

I was coming out of Blackfriars 8am (almost 20) years ago and a Disco came barreling down the road, way over the limit, with a guy hanging out the passenger window having a cigarette.

“Who the hell does he think … it’s Noel Gallagher”

3 Likes

Surprising self-awareness for someone who owns that plastic-wrapped abomination :+1:

2 Likes

For one awful moment I thought the thread title was ‘Cunty Pilates’ and was fearing pics of meatmen in lycra. :flushed:

2 Likes

Handy bendy Wednesday?

Cummed.

3 Likes

Anyway, here’s my contribution to this thread

Of note locally are BAD 15T (twattest mate), some ghastly chav-wagon with something about EURO and an evidently wealthy Indian family who have very close approximations of Krishnan and several other names. All on Porsches etc.

4 Likes

155 EXY used to be on a red XJS many years ago in the Purley area.
The woman who owned it at the time was always getting fined for having the plate made up as 15 5EXY contravening some regulation or another

Also clearly Polish local RA 4AL and Indian guy MAN 15H (Tesla).

Did I mention that I’ve been a mentalist plate spotter since I was a kid?

1 Like

Better I hope.

6 Likes

1 Like