Obituaries

Jesus, that is sad. Desperately underrated band, and impossible to remain the same without her.

2 Likes

Awful. :sob:

1 Like

Actor Leslie Phillips dies.

5 Likes

Ding. Dong.

7 Likes

Nazareth’s Dan McCafferty dies aged 76

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. If you’re going to cover a song, do a proper job. Like this

‘Nazareth This Flight Tonight (BBC Sight & Sound Concert 1977) | Nazareth This Flight Tonight (BBC Sight & Sound Concert 1977) | By A História do Rock 'N' Roll | Facebook’

I remember seeing McCafferty being interviewed after a brilliant performance of this and the interviewer asked a question about whether he was happy with all the attention, sometimes critical, that comes with being famous. He replied, more or less, “Yes. Now if someone doesn’t like our gig you’ll find him writing rude things about it in the newspapers. When we were starting out we played places in Glasgow where, if they didn’t like your gig, they would try to stab your roadies.”.

4 Likes

Until I watched that I had no idea that Peter Wyngarde could play lead guitar :open_mouth:

1 Like

Tremendous voice.

Very sad.

1 Like

R.I.P. Gal Costa - what a voice

https://youtu.be/YsagcJh5vHY

2 Likes

Nik Turner.

Once saw him with his Inner City Unit.

Gloriously batshit you were, sir.

4 Likes

A bit more on this.

Fresher’s week 1985. I had recently discovered what was to turn out to be a life-long thing for live music, so I just signed up for everything.

With hindsight, whoever was doing the booking knew what they were about.

Nik Turner’s ICU, The Cardiacs, A Certain Ratio, Doctor & The Medics (!) I think there were others but it’s almost 40 years ago.

Not bad for my first week in London.

5 Likes

Seems Keith Levene has died

8 Likes

Shit…

3 Likes

Fuck… :cry:

2 Likes

Richard Larson, chief engineer for Audio Research Corporation from 1979 to 2004.

Transformer design was his speciality, and he was pivotal in the design and production of the SP10, SP11, D250, Classic 60, and the first and second generation Reference Series amps and preamps.

4 Likes

Another sad here :disappointed:

1 Like

Nik Turner, saxophonist and in 1969, founding member of Hawkwind.

He also played flute and recorded inside pyramids in Egypt.

(Irrelevant side fact - Lemmy joined Hawkwind in 1971.)

4 Likes
1 Like

17 March 2021…

4 Likes