Obituaries

Sincere condolences Paul

Nicely written tribute Paul. Iā€™m sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Paul, best wishes.

We had a similar though not so close loss recently. One of the stalwarts of our cycle club. Always there, often seen out and about in the area during the week despite his 80ish years. Lovely, smart, gentle fellow. Fit as a fiddle, then, sepsis and within a week gone.

Another reminder, as if itā€™s required (or wanted) to make the most of what we have

5 Likes

Really sorry to hear that Paul - condolences.

1 Like

Sorry to read this sad news, Paul. Sincere condolences to you.

1 Like

Thanks all, really appreciated. Sadly confirmed beyond any denial. Iā€™ve been crying like a little pisspants baby. Sam came home from work early and took me and the doggos for a loooong walk followed by a kebabā€¦ What a gem.

John was closer than most of my family ever have been, Iā€™m completely gutted I wasnā€™t there at the last for him, but itā€™s happened so suddenly, and lines-of-communication prevented it.

Damnā€¦

26 Likes

Sad for your loss paul .

1 Like

Sorry for your loss Paul.

1 Like

So sorry to hear of your loss Paul. Iā€™ve become more and more aware of how few really close friends I have, and find it hard to imagine how Iā€™d cope with losing one of them. Keep coming back here for the abuse ā€¦

1 Like

Nothing like being called a cunt by people who know what being a cunt really means to keep you grounded :+1:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear Paulā€¦my sincere condolencesā€¦

Just to paint a picture ,i live in a friendly area ,we all say morning and chat , we were away at christmas , so on my daily walks with me pooch i passed a friends house his wife was out front messing about with johns pride and joy potted plants , so i jokingly said be careful dont damage his pots ,
she said after a brief pause ,im picking his ashes up later , ,i never clicked on and looked a bit blank and said oh oh ,she realised and said he passed away suddenly on christmas eve,
well i was shaken to the bone , so yesterday like paul i was mourning my gardening pal ,
he was 70 ,
R I P my green fingered buddy.

19 Likes

Fuck man, thatā€™s rough as. I heard many great stories from you about some of the staff there, and it sounds like he was the cream of the top too.

1 Like

Good friends going leave a big hole in oneā€™s life, my sympathies.
Your note prompted me to Google his name - this turned up, presumably one of your joint excursions. Pudding stones sound appropriate for AA.

1 Like

That was classic John - latch onto a topic faintly related to his employment, learn all there was to know about it, come up with some new ideas, get others enthused - let them publish and take the credit for almost all of it :ok_hand: Got work done that would have been overlooked forever in all likelihood. Takes me back on a nostalgia trip, as I helped a lot with that, edited and typeset the publications, and together we made a load of field trips all-over SE England updating site records. A friend of mine did her PhD on it. Great days.

4 Likes

We gather round the biggest every May and twat it with willow wands

Shhhā€¦ The Outsiders wonā€™t understandā€¦

1 Like

Willow Wands?! Oh god, youā€™re on that side of the schism of '72. Fucking heathen.

Cā€™mon. The sacrifices were getting out of hand. And the ā€˜Weā€™ve always done it this wayā€™ argument was no longer cutting it with the magistrates. Especially after Old Sid cursed that one and he had to spend weeks with Dermatology getting rid of the rash.

3 Likes

I remember him from Kit and the Widow

1 Like