Obituaries

Sad news, massive talent.

It’s been so long since I’ve seen that I had forgotten he was in it.

A massively better film than a lot of punditry would have it IMO - tells its story better without Tarantino’s glib slickness, and I say that as a fan of a lot of his stuff. Worth a re-watch :ok_hand:

I’m not a big fan of Tarantino but I did enjoy that - one to pick up cheap methinks.

Good soundtrack too.

While Sizemore was a decent actor, by all accounts he wasn’t particularly nice to some of his partners.

Yeh, he wrote the original screenplay, which Oliver Stone largely junked - Tarantino disowned it - I personally think it’s a very much better movie as a result.

1 Like

I can hear his nasally whiney bitching now :grinning:

1 Like

:rofl:

The Noel Gallagher of cinema :joy:

1 Like

How can SO much success come with so much butthurty resentment? :rofl:

Indeed, have they ever been seen in the same room together? :open_mouth:

Now you mention it :grinning:

He was fabulous on Jackson Browne records, one of the best slide guitar players. I have his solo album, very different. Will be sorely missed and I will never forget his falsetto on Stay.

2 Likes

This is a great DVD Dave. Covers the early days, how Jackson met David and first played together quite a bit of them jamming and then a lot or filmed performances. Also their involvement with CSN, The Eagles, Bonnie Raitt and Jennifer Warnes. Well worth a watch.

Jackson Browne ~ Going Home (PAL) (REGION 0) https://amzn.eu/d/7YSSAfl

1 Like

Thanks.

Just ordered that

£4 from eBay with free delivery

2 Likes

I know what I tend to term “redneck rock” is about as cool as haemorrhoids but I did rather love a bit of early Skynyrd.

7 Likes

Should’ve been a meat man.

11 Likes

I wonder if he ever bothered replacing his tailoring!

3 Likes

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Sir+Peter's+four+year+sex+fling+with+girl+called+Room+Service%3B+MY

Bony bloke with the scythe certainly got a mixed bag today:

[inevitable “Did she see that coming?” ‘joke’ goes here]

5 Likes