Peter Gabriel

I’m listening to UP as I write. I love listening to PG. I suffer from depression from time to time and for some reason I seem to connect with his music. Does any else feel his pain when he sings or am I deluded?

8 Likes

Not deluded. We all have different triggers when we listen to music.
Go with what suits you :hugs:

2 Likes

I don’t get the same direct reaction, but I’m a complete emotional cripple in these things. I could well see that being a normal reaction to some of his music. Is there a particular track you get that feeling of pain from?

For me it’s his voice, he really does put everything into it.

1 Like

Yes but for different reasons :grinning:.

But yeah I have similar reactions to other artists.

1 Like

Yes, same. Teenage decisions are hard to let go of. I couldnt stand that he was an artist and soooo worthy, even though, so good was his music, he spent time dressed as a fucking plant to get noticed. And as for his colab with Bush… No, give up immediately, you have no friends. Just. Fucking. Stop.

Buuuuuuut…

Recently, I listened to So all the way through. It’s fantastic! :grin:

3 Likes

Not really a fan of PG’s music but the whole WOMAD and Real World label thing is a great legacy.

3 Likes

You’re dead to me old man.

1 Like

Maybe pain was the wrong word to use. All I know is that I like listening to his music. My wife on the other hand absolutely hates it :anguished:

My BiL loves Peter Gabriel. Always moans when he comes he that I haven’t got anything of his on vinyl to play.

Then again he also likes Erasure :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Memorably reviewed as sounding like a midddle aged man who needs a wee.

Mind you, I sort of like it…

Think I have 2 pg records
So and passion music for…
I’ve still not listened to either yet

Perhaps unwittingly this is up there with the best song reviews I’ve ever read.

1 Like

Time to eject him from your family.

1 Like

I always refuse to play it which annoys him to distraction. Last time he tried and failed he was drunk and really got the hump when I laughed at his request to his face. He then sulked and moaned he wanted to go home, and when SiL refused he tried to wander back the 8 miles himself in a huff. He was stopped by police who contacted us and commented that he was still complaining vociferously about my stubborn refusal to accept the talents of Andy Bell.

22 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: Fucking hell!

1 Like

:crazy_face:

1 Like

Glorious stuff

1 Like

The planets must be aligned, this thread is littered with gold.

2 Likes

You know what you like and you like what you know :slightly_smiling_face:

In other news; wife in hates husband’s music shocker :joy:

1 Like