Phobic

My children are very scared of spiders. There was a large one in the TV room this morning and having got it in a pint glass I took a few steps towards them both with maybe a bit of a suggestive look on my face. Alex went white and Ava burst into tears!

Afterwards I sat down and wondered what if anything really bothers me in the same way. I really don’t like having anything sticky on my hands. I’m not keen on a mixture of sun cream and sand on my skin but neither of those things compares to the little BLACK BIT in the stalk end of a banana. Fuck. I guess when I was about 2 my mum gave me a bit of banana with the BLACK BIT in it, it got stuck in my throat and made me gag, which I can vividly remember. The bottom 3/4" of a banana is a no go and just thinking about it makes me uncomfortable. :scream:

So, what makes you wanna go
tenor%20(1)

Enclosed spaces :dizzy_face:

Men’s Grey Leather shoes. My Father’s wisdom “Never trust a man with Grey leather shoes” lodged in the young Mr .MWS. It became contorted / exaggerated somehow and now when I see a man wearing Grey leather shoes (Slip on’s particularly) I suffer full power fight or flight.

2 Likes

you ever shagged on a beach? gets everywhere

as for your question - I was terrified of dogs from childhood to my early 40s, but now much less so. In fact I quite like some of them now.

I was always petrified of a condom splitting, which is why I never wore one.

Louise is terrified of spiders - will scream the house down.

My mum had a game which involved asking a question then cutting the end off the banana. There was always either a Y shape for Yes or a dot shape for No so the question whatever it was could be answered. With hindsight, no more fanciful than the nonsense we endured each Sunday morning!

2 Likes

Not terribly keen on heights, specifically widths at height. I’ve got better over the last few years by pushing myself but I used to get half way up a ladder and then have to stop with my legs shaking like a shitting dog :grimacing:

1 Like

I can empathise with your kids Ritchie. I have had Arachnophobia since I was about 6 years old.
Growing up in Straya was a nightmare (not just the spiders mind :smirk:).

It all started with being attacked by one of these…

1 Like

Bloody birds! Which is daft as I live by the sea FFS. At least once a year I get swooped by a herring gull, poxy things.

Used to be heights but I’m pretty OK now.

@MGOwner

What type of spider is that Terry?

Dentist
Hospital
Planes

2 Likes

Fuck yeah and dentists. Bastards!

The Common Huntsman. They are fucking everywhere in Straya.

1 Like

Poisonous? Or is that a silly question?

No. Not venomous but hideous none the less.

1 Like

Heights.
More than 4 or 5 steps on a ladder and im not happy.
Tall buildings (hotels / blocks of flats) with balconies can do one, can’t even look near the edge never mind over and down.

2 Likes

Louise has got a friend who is totally terrified by birds

1 Like

Airy bits on mountain walks. As long as I can see a bit of a slope I’m ok. But if not I freeze.

My mate is terrified of marbles. He’s 6ft plus and as hard as nails but goes mental if he sees a marble.

1 Like

Yep.

1 Like

Dentists - 2 failed root canals, both involving drill bits snapping = sadistic cunts, all of 'em.

3 Likes

I know quite a few folk who are. Fairly common. My mother was as well.

Never heard of that one.