Phono stage recommendations

I’ll give one a go, hopefully someone with more skills than me will document their build on here so the rest of us can actually finish it.

I’ve F5T and F6 boards as well…should really pull my finger out.

1 Like

He did and there are

The Nob M77 did all the phono duties at Lopwell last year. It was adequate.

2 Likes

Praise there comes none higher.

I aspire to adequacy…

Well if there are any meat men who could be persuaded to build me a Nobsound then I’d be happy to pay for their board if they were going to build one as well, or some other inducement in kind?

Any skilled folk fancy it?

I’m a bit backed up project wise (2 power amps, 2 pre amps, and a pair of speakers) but one of these is on my list, If you still want one when I build mine, Ill build 2 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am happy to step in if you get no other bidders

could possibly even do one without the board :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Is anyone doing the Paradise kits any more?

Yee-ha!

Bearing in mind my utterly pointless foray into Class A power amps and the deserved ridicule that ensued, could anybody give me a rough idea of the price of having a reasonable quality, say 30W Class A power amp built, please ?

Integrated or power amp?

Power

Kelvin Labs 30 watt class A.

Any good Bob ?

Very, I have the integrated and it’s great once warmed up. You are welcome to borrow my integrated and use it as a power amp (15W).

I remember those. Max Townsend used to use and recommend them.

The 60 Watt is good. I heard one years ago. They go for £700-900. I’ve not seen one of the 30W amps for sale for ages though, they get £500 ish in nice nick.

That’s kind of you Bob, although going on recent, past (bad) experiences, I’m not sure 15W would be enough to drive my 90dB speaks.

F5(25w ish) or Aleph J/30 is around £4-500 in parts. Plus whatever it costs to have it assembled.

15w is cutting it fine, but could be ok, the ACA has more issues than just being 5w. (low damping factor, high distortion)