Pick me an awful car

It’s been there for months, so it definitely lives there. There used to be a mint Sierra Sapphire Cosworth there too.

When I lived in Hertfordshire (Stevenage, fucking awful place), I got a knock on the door one Sunday morning at 06:00, went to the door and there were about 6 armed police standing there. They asked me if they could come through my house to get to the house behind, of course I agreed and they trooped through.

The bloke and his muse who lived behind me in a council terraced house was a drug dealer it seems. Drove a new 7 series and his muse had a 3 series convertable also new. Not hard to spot the dumb fucks.

2 Likes

Ahhhh… St.Evenage as one of my friends always calls it on account of a call from some posh twit who insisted on calling it that. A dire place that i’ve thankfully only visited a couple of times in my life… It’s no Luton though.

I used to know of a purveyor of recreational chemicals, he used to deliver at all times of the day and night, in a ford focus with it’s own weight in car stereo in the boot blasting at full volume at all times and an exhaust that would provide a shire horse with little friction. He was banged up for a few years.

My MiL lives there my Mrs works there. Unpleasant place. The old town is ok.

Ahem !

That is blatantly locationist.

1 Like

true though…

Had been thinking recently that the Vectra wasn’t big enough, so was on the look out for something a bit more practical space wise.

1 Like

You could get your boat in the back of that :+1:

2 Likes

And save a fortune on family funerals :+1:

2 Likes

:upside_down_face:

Come on, it’s a hearse not a removal van :smiley:

1 Like

:rofl::joy::rofl:…Sorry I meant to say “Oooh you bitch!”

1 Like

That’s to big, there’s a lot of dead space. :nerd_face:

5 Likes

I fucking hate you lot :rage:

2 Likes

Channel your inner royalty - how about this?

5 Likes

That’s tasteful that :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

A friend is looking at Ioniq / Corolla / CHR . Other than “don’t do it” I don’t have any particular words of advice: anyone the wiser on what’s hot / not ?

15 mile commute per day and a fair few long runs at weekends.

Have Toyota solved their quality woes yet?

I think between those 3 it all comes down to which is the cheapest for however long your friend wants to keep it for, it’ll be a longer warranty on the Hyundai I’d expect.

Hyundai warramty is excellent, though depsite being cash rich he’s convninced about getting it on PCP, so he’ll probably only have it for the three year duration

I suspect the Toyotas will win out then although they will all likely need a 40+% deposit to get started. When I was looking for a new car a few years back, the pcp figures for a 2ltr diesel mazda 6 and my 3ltr jag xf were almost identical (500 extra deposit for the jag)