Pick me an awful car

Give it a few years and i reckon they will be a cracking used buy. Their depreciation will be Rover 800 style.

1 Like

Stingers (the good ones with the twin turbo v6) lose about 10k after a few months I’m hoping they get to sub 20k in a year or so.

If i accelerate hard up hill in my RX 400h I can get the instant mpg-o’meter down under 5mpg for a bit. Worst average MPG i’ve seen on it was 23 when all i was doing was marveling how much quicker it was than my previous diseasel tractor and had a right foot made out of neutronium. Now my average is 28 in the winter and 32 in the summer with an ‘on a run’ figure of 43.

Sub zero temps with every electrical item on plus the A/C I can get sub 12 mpg in the Beast.
Ave, is a surprising 30mpg overall. Short runs of a few miles in the cold see mid 20’s. Pootling from Cheshire to Blackpool, mainly motorways at 60, saw a momentary 40mpg but overall 38mpg.
I am highly delighted as the 528i managed a max of 32mpg and a lot less when going to Oxford from here pre " Smart Motorways"
Bob did say that I drive the Beast like a driving instructor though.
Acceleration in Sport mode is likened by SWMBO to a couch strapped to a speed boat . Then it does drink fuel.

2 Likes

:rofl:

what is it?

You’d be surprised !

clearly 'cos I dont know what it is! :crazy_face: let me guess, a Fiat 500

Cross between that and a Chieftain tank

2 Likes

Overfinch Range Rover.

1 Like

Bentayga

?

Mike really does have an Overfinch…

1 Like

sorry I thought you were “guessing” as well! :man_facepalming:

in which case “Overfinch” - nice…

Just like this pimp mobile

3 Likes

Told ya !

1 Like

The Fat Corolla visits Wales.

9 Likes

Are the AA on the way?

2 Likes

I should probably sort out AA or Green Flag cover :smiley:

1 Like

Lol, surely the other way round?

Have you ventilated Wales yet? :wink:

The opposite, wafting around in a double glazed hermetically sealed, many filtered car was a godsend for my allergies.

Look darling, nature. waft

2 Likes