Pizza faff with hypocrisy topping

canestan

1 Like

Do you mean the recipe I posted or the Ooni one ( which I havenā€™t looked at). If itā€™s my recipe 5g of fresh yeast could be substituted with 5g dried yeast - thatā€™s dried yeast though not that fast acting stuff. Donā€™t warm the water and donā€™t warm the dough for proving. Itā€™s a slow prove recipe so time is what it needs to rise.

2 Likes

I meant your one. I havenā€™t seen the Ooni recipe.

I think Edd was using it. Doesnā€™t sound great if he has to resort to a rolling pin :grinning:
5g of dried yeast is plenty with 8 hours proving. It doesnā€™t need to increase in size massively, probably by 25% as against doubling for most bread dough.

Iā€™ll have a go at the weekend

1 Like

I use the Ooni one, I use like 7-10g of Allison active yeast.

With the 00 flour from the Italian deli I donā€™t need a rolling pin, with doves organic strong flour I sometimes need to. It doesnā€™t help the water here is really hard and I forget to buy bottled water.

Good point about the water, good water is important. Active is the way to go if fresh yeast isnā€™t available, the fast acting or instant yeast is shit.

Iā€™m just not very organised, regularly decide to have pizza at the last minute.

Over the years Iā€™ve tried loads of recipes, even no knead, is it always perfect? No, but itā€™s still fun and tastes better than any take away.

1 Like

Me too, ideally Iā€™d like a sour dough starter but never get round to it. Iā€™ve eaten pizza made on tortillas and enjoyed them but a really good pizza eaten in the sun is the food of gods :yum:

2 Likes

20 hours later :grinning: almost doubled in size. This is the one with pizza flour, the bread flour one hasnā€™t budged, weird.

Interesting review of gas conversion for Ooni Pro :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Never a truer word said!

Just throw a small wet piece of your favourite wood in the back, and there is your smoke.

I have Eddā€™s pellets. You are welcome to collect :smiley:

1 Like

You need an ooni. And a V60.

1 Like

You need a Knock and a Chemex! :grinning:

Faff is cheaper and better?

Chemex and kinu.

Edd you must be the Senior Grand Poobar of faff since you seem to subscribe and revel in all the major Abattoir faff disciplines - meat, coffee, pizza, car, tape, diy. What have I missed? :smile:

I have made clothes before, pens, teddy bears (donā€™t ask).

Where there is faff there is a way.

1 Like