Pizza faff with hypocrisy topping

It was Viola cheddar grated, mixed with Sheesh fake mozzarella. The photo flatters it greatly as in terms of taste it’s revolting! However FoL has chosen this and accepts it’s not going to be the same.

Mostly I’d agree. The exceptions would be mayonnaise and one or two sausages which I quite like and even one burger.

Overall, a bit like going veggie, the best returns come from not trying to replicate meat or cheese but learn to cook things that are good recipes in their own right using quality ingredients and interesting flavour combinations.

5 Likes

I found this stuff melts the best.

As Wayne said though I just prefer to eat real foods and make pizza without a cheese substitute.

Stuff made in factories is crap made for profit.

1 Like

Perhaps worth the Faf of having a go at home made
How to Make Easy Vegan Cheese

Nut based version

Just use normal cheese, if the veganism is an animal welfare choice then why not find a local farm that makes cheese and ask to see how the animals are kept/treated.

If it’s a precocious I’m a vegan bollocks then give them a slap and force feed them cheese instead.

4 Likes

This ^^^

While I would never call myself a veggie, I tend to eat much less meat than I used to.
I have found that good food is good food and doesn’t need to be labelled.

4 Likes

Amen to that.

1 Like

I have three friends who are ex vegan and doing exactly this sort of thing. It makes perfect sense if the deal breaker was animal welfare. One of them was raised veggie and have never tasted meat for 30 years. Apparently at a meal the other week he experienced ‘meat sweats’ - he has now swarn off steaks as being ‘too much’.

Well lookee here… first one of the year . Just about to spark her up.

9 Likes

Get your fecking finger out…summer’s nearly over :joy:

What a fucking palaver!

Dough was sticking like shit-to-a-blanket. Extremely doughey.

Used that cod mouthed mockney fuck Jamie Oliver’s dough mix. Just add water and remove all dignity.

Stuck to my paddle like nobody’s business. Tasted nice. Looked awful.

4 Likes

Good to see you went for the Sasquatch footprint look rather than the conventional round one.

5 Likes

Map o Scotchland, innit ?

1 Like

Made pizzas outside while everyone watches Eurovision in the garden room.

11 Likes

You won, believe me !

2 Likes

I appear to have deleted a post by accident!
Northern dough company. No shrinking or sticking but didn’t have the taste of the homemade.

Spot the one with the rolling pin:

3 Likes

Marie wants outside pizza oven…

Swedish gardening prog inspired.

Rolling up sleeves as we look.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Not sure I’ve heard that sub-genre :thinking:

3 Likes

Marching Mole?

1 Like

Here is a pictorial representation of gardening prog: