Pizza faff with hypocrisy topping

This looks like it could be interesting.

Used this dough at the weekend with my brothers Ooni and it was very good

1 Like

Q: Does anyone leave their ooni outside all the time? Is there an all weather cover? The idea of lumping one in and out after every use is pausing potential pleasure.

Mines been outside for the last three years using the cover it came with. I was thinking of waxing it this winter

1 Like

Gozney goes back into the outbuilding with wood, tools and shit in it.

1 Like

Is yours wood or gas John?

Gozney cover for me.
It stays out but goes inside if itā€™s not going to be used indefinitely.
Planning on a roof thing over my cooking area to help.

1 Like

Wood waiting for gas

1 Like

Deleted

First go with pizza on the broil king, works well! Need a bit thinner base next time but tastes great!

10 Likes

Will it drop the pizza off for less than just eat?

Pizza looks delicious. Iā€™d need an 18ft fence to keep the neighbours eyes out though. I donā€™t like neighbours unless i canā€™t see them, hear them or have to talk to them.

1 Like

There was a 2-storey+ Leylandii hedge across the back that we have just had taken out, it was far too big and unmanageable, and around 15ft deep in places so we have reclaimed a fair chunk of garden. TBC what we will plant in its place!

5 Likes

Maybe some Hawthorn or holly or even beech would be nice if you want another hedge.

Yes, we have been looking at RSPB approved hedging packs which include Hawthorne, Blackthorne and Birch Cherry. Or just planing an ornamental tree between the now pollarded Willow (on the left) and the Cherry (two of these on the right) so in the spring/summer there is a lot more cover.
We still have the whole back corner of a Chicken Coup to dispose of as well as the rotten decking.

4 Likes

Some well positioned shrubs or structures nearer to the house can work wonders. Think Father Ted and the cows :grinning:

4 Likes

4 metre high concrete wall topped with ā€œninja deterrentā€ spikes.

2 Likes

ā€˜Leopardingā€™ WANT

1 Like

We are finally looking to buy a pizza oven.
Ooni or Gozney?
Gas or wood?

Im leaning towards gas for convenience and i like the aesthetics of the Gozney. Is Ooni a better oven or are they much the same?

Gas
Wood is a mess and makes filth. We have a Gozney and itā€™s great. The pizza is on for under a minute so any wood benefit is negligible.
Loads of unused wood burner attachments come up for saleā€¦ you can get one of you wanted to try that, but it can do either.

The ooni can be a bit bigger if size is your thing.