Pizza faff with hypocrisy topping

Size not an issue.
I think id like to try wood but i imagine if use gas more.

I saw a comment that the Gozney has a smaller opening making it awkward to turn the pizza, is that an issue for you?

No.
I love it. It could be wider but then you can always make wider pizzas!
It works for the pre made dough balls and they fit just fine.
I cancelled the wood burner (from an oven plus the gas and the wood package present) and added a few extras instead, and donā€™t regret it.
The cover for it, and the turning peel are better options.

1 Like

Just looked at Ooni, all their multi fuel ovens are sold with wood burner, gas is an extra purchase. Thats a plus for the Gozney.

Do you leave it outside?

I would have thought at you, above all others, would appreciate that size is definitely an issue where small openings are concerned. :joy:

2 Likes

Yes but with the cover on after use, and we take it in for winter.

1 Like

Hmm, Ooni have a flash sale, good price on 16 inch Koda :thinking:

From my research you canā€™t go wrong with that or the Gozney.
Some prefer oneā€¦ some the other.
Pick what you like or what you get the deal on. Both great.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the one I have. Itā€™s great!

Reading some reviews, seems a good oven but uneven temperature?
I like the idea of having space to move the pizza easily.

Thereā€™s quite a variation between the back left of the stone and the front right because of the L shaped gas outlet. As a practical matter itā€™s not an issue as you have to turn the pizza during the cook.

The width does makes pizza turning very easy.

Mostly itā€™s just learning the skill both are adept at their design

So its common to all ovens, needing to turn?

1 Like

I think so? Iā€™m sure others will tell me if Iā€™m wrong. Thereā€™s a lady with a YouTube channel called Got2eatpizza. Lots of reviews and good info on there.

1 Like

I think more reviews will more confuse

I didnā€™t read a single review prior to purchase. Bought the Koda 16 on a whim and no regrets at all. Will be firing it up this weekend.

2 Likes

You turn all the time. Or it burns!
Itā€™s not like the kitchen oven!

1 Like

What size gas bottle do you use and how long does it last?

I use a 13kg gas bottle and Iā€™m on my second bottle now having owned the Ooni for over 2 years. I probably use the Ooni every few weeks or so.

It takes around 20 minutes to come up to temp but once up to temp, pizzas cook in 1-2 minutes and takes another few minutes to get back up to temp for the next one - but you use that time to top the next pizza anyway. So not that efficient if youā€™re making one pizza but I usually make 2-4 whenever I use it.

Thats better than i had thought. Gas has gone up a lot since i last purchased any.

Ordered the Koda 16 bundle in the flash sale.

4 Likes