Plant-based burgers

Haha, no.

Despite sounding like an appalling idea, these are great.

3 Likes

do they ooze blood like the real thing?

You don’t get blood oozing from the real thing

It’s water and myoglobin

1 Like

even when it’s raw?

anyway wgaf

Yes, even when it’s raw

You, obviously, or you wouldn’t have posted it

5 Likes

:thinking::sob::sob::sob:

rong

Wouldn’t want to ruin it!

Fuck that, fucking pseudo-burgers, nasty, overspiced, oversalted, over MSG’d, chemically-crapola for virtue signallers.

I love me a nice bleeding hunk of bambi flesh, but if - as I increasingly do - I’m eating mostly non-animal, I’m going to garlic-butter-up some big fat portobellos, grill 'em, and whop 'em in a bun, ideally with some grilled halloumi.

Waitrose carry some properly nice prawnburgers too -

bit of coriander, tomato, sweet chilli sauce, dash of lime, fish sauce - killer good.

2 Likes

I enjoy the Thug Kitchen Spinach and Bean recipe. It’s not really a pretend meat thing but it’s very appealing in its own right.

Surely you must have the copyright on that phrase by now?

1 Like

There I was, signalling my virtue in the semi-deserted Gretna Green Welcome Break services.

7 Likes

Sounds like a scene from the Omega Man

1 Like

It’s no fucking Gloucester, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

Where you would indulge in a vegan sausage roll.

We have a winner.

1 Like

I shouldn’t post this really, as I’m not wanting it to become over-subscribed in advance of Christmas :grimacing: But, as a largely ex-cheese-eater, I am totally fulfilled by this place. I actually prefer the vegan alternatives, now the whole field of cuisine has come of age.

1 Like

Tonight’s beetroot, chilli and black rice burger.

Working my way through my beetroot stash, but also threw in sweet potato, mushroom, aubergine, roast garlic and onions, and a bit of miso paste.

Regret using my baking rings on the pan as they held their shape much better than expected.

9 Likes