Pork scratchings

Bad tool blames his workman or something…

3 Likes

It goes up automatically at 75mph, so I’m surprised yours is ever down.

1 Like

:sob:

1 Like

Kinda want it. The interior is special.

1 Like

How can that interior even be on the options list?

2 Likes

Special as in :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Same colour :slight_smile:

Porsche have had some hilarious interiors throughout the years. I’m sure I’ve seen a bright pink one, although that might have been a special order.

You could have that dyed black for a few hundred quid, use it as a negotiation tool.

996s are cheap at the moment, probably because they’re the 1st gen water cooled variant. ISTR there were teething problems with these, but you’d expect any that are still running to have been sorted by now. I wonder if their values are going to start rising soon?

They’re cheap because the engine is shit. The IMS bearing is a nasty weak point and the cylinder heads crack for fun. Oh and the interior is horrible on the 996

1 Like

I have seen far worse interiors on 911s. In fact like the guy says once you are sat in it you won’t even notice. Looks an honest car but caveat emptor! Silver is probably the best colour. If the engine hasn’t gone pop yet then that’s a good sign. A whole lot of car for the money.

It will cost a bit to maintain but the first 12 months look to be sorted. The clutch might or might not need doing in the not too distant future.

You are being a little harsh. They are not a perfect design and some have had problems. But this one is still going and that offers a lot of reassurance.

The engine is German made, by Porsche, who are world renowned engine makers. They make quality cars and the build quality will compete (beat) anything / most things out there.

Ok so why are they so cheap? I think you’re eulogising.

1 Like

Bit one eyed that I’m afraid.

Porsche paint finish has always been class leading though👍

1 Like

It’s £10k for a 20 year old car on 100k miles. Plus they sold a lot of them and it’s supply and demand. I agree that engine worries affect the prices but you could argue that makes them a good buy.

Re build quality I’m talking about their cars 20 years ago. I had a 2002 Boxster and it was of solid build. It had similar engine design issues but I never had a problem.

1 Like

How do they come up with limited numbers? Where does 1948 originate from? Why not make it 1950? Or 2000? etc etc

Diane Abbott school of maths. :rofl: (just spotted your new title, lol)

I’d feel happier if the old and the new could be combined

1 Like

https://www.motor1.com/news/78497/on-this-day-in-1948-the-first-porsche-was-completed/

3 Likes