Pork scratchings

Just around the corner from me. What could go wrong? :slight_smile:

For £1000 more you might find a decent Boxster.

3 Likes

Even the VoPo was better than the 924.

2 Likes

It’s not something I’m considering, it’s just I find it strange that someone would sell at '99%‘complete’ and it looks like it’s been sprayed in his garage and only one picture…I think his partner has told him to sell it and he’s not trying very hard :slight_smile:

Not if you drive one, horrible things to drive the 924 is much nicer.

The looks of the 924 were uninspired to say the least and was corrected by the 944.
The VoPo was built much earlier and was a VW really but I preferred the looks. Different.

1 Like

I disagree, the 914 was a lovely handling little car, the 924 was dull in comparison.

I fancied one until Wheeler Dealers did it & the price went up. Seems to be a proper Porsche though albeit a small one.

1 Like

The original 924 was sweet to drive with great handling, if a tad underpowered. The 944 got the power, but more weight, fat tyres and power steering spoiled the handling. Pick of the bunch was the 968, but getting spendy now.

And oh-so elegantly styled…

https://cdn.bringatrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/597127e7000dc_IMG_20170719_123131893_HDR-940x568.jpg

:nauseated_face::face_vomiting::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::nauseated_face:

Few snaps from the Porsche Owners day @ Brands Hatch

5 Likes

What is that with the flooring, is it to stop the oil spoiling the tarmac or grass? :roll_eyes:

It’s to stop that naughty grass getting on the tyres :+1:

P.s Ever been to an RS owners meet? God are they anal about stuff like this…

Cos hi-fi’ist’s ain’t at all anal about their precious stereos :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just hate dead grass on the floor mat’s

It’s to protect the tarmac from 550bhp.

I’ll be retiring soon so I’ll be fulfilling a long held wish to buy a very fast car to use for pleasure, rather than work. My last five cars have been beemers (haters please stfu) don’t much like Mercs or Audis, so I’ve decided to buy a porker :+1:

I don’t want a convertible or a chelsea tractor, but I need to be able to get fishing rods/poles in it. i intend to get my jollies by blasting around very early on Sat/Sun mornings to fishing venues. :heart_eyes:

Could well be a panny then…probably the V8, and as the fuel consumption is already fucked, might as well be the turbo :grin:

13 Likes

Nice one mate. I’ll help you look :star_struck:

2 Likes

Good on yer, you’ve worked hard enough.
Have you considered an RX8?

5 Likes

Essex Prestige FTW…