Pots and pans

Lost the good pans in the divorce…

3 Likes

I have my aunts pans, Meyers which have been excellent and Stella which have all been good.
There is a set of Prestige pans from the 90s in the cupboard from my Dad’s place.
All in perfect condition

The common denominator is 18/10 Stainless Steel

1 Like

we’ve got a stewing pot from that range - very well made.

1 Like

We got a John Lewis pan to replace one that broke and it is great. Nice tight fitting lid.

We have a motley collection of various old pots and pans, and a few nicer ones.

We have a wide le creuset stainless steel one that is really nice to cook with. We have a similar sized/style random brand one and it is noticeably worse to use.

we have them, been using them 20 odd years. I don’t think the modern ones are anywhere near as good

The Robert Welch pans we got 20 odd years ago have been v good

18/10 Stainless Steel

18/10 Stainless Steel

A couple of items from that range at discounted prices…

1 Like

18/10 Stainless Steel

Is this the key thing? :stuck_out_tongue:

I used to do this but for years now have had an All-Clad one that will last forever. If All-Clad are induction compatible I’d definitely recommend them as built to last.

These look :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This

18/10 Stainless Steel (with an allminium layer).

18/10 is bog-standard stainless steel, nothing special.

18/10 is just a term in common usage by (predominantly) cooking utensil manufacturers - 18/10 = 18% chrome, 10% nickel. 304 stainless is pretty much the same (within allowable chemical composition limits)

Actually, 316 stainless has better corrosion resistance due to 3-4% of molybdenum, which is why it is used by manufacturers of marine quality equipment, surgical apparatus etc.

304 is considerably cheaper though, which is possibly why it is used for pans…

1 Like

Rolex use 316 for their Stainless Steel bracelets.

I can’t afford Rolex pots and pans :scream:

The movie how they manufacture looks nice as well.

1 Like

The video showed a stainless steel handle though and that set has cast iron handle which I think look lovely.