Pots and pans

We had an All-Clad frying pan. It worked on induction but it domed slightly in the middle when hot so oil flowed to the edge. Returned to flat each time but still not recommended.

1 Like

So I want clad 16/26 steel with non stick and poor fitting lids.

Got it :+1:

2 Likes

Weapons grade?

Wow, doesn’t happen to mine.

Nah, weapons grade is more like:

I’m after a new set too, non stick is the biggest bollox out there

Stainless steel.

I’ll keep scrolling up till I can afford

2 Likes

Non-stick are a joke but I treat them as a consumable item, only ever have one or two at a time for scrambled eggs, porridge etc.

They last a while if you don’t overheat or put them in the dishwasher.

The John Lewis stuff seems good value and is @Kevin magic 18/10 too :grin:
That and the vogue stuff mentioned by @anon14766838 seem to be the ones I am considering atm

1 Like

https://www.nisbets.co.uk/special-offer-5-vogue-pack-of-casserole-stew-and-saute-pans/s121

Be aware prices are ex VAT

Pans are priced without lids, which seems very strange

1 Like

Not for a professional kitchen.

4 Likes

Anyone use cast iron pots with enamel insides?

I have a big wide Le Creuset, which I used to love but the enamel seems to have changed, and now everything sticks to it much easier. Now I don’t find myself using it that much: for casserole things the huge stainless steel cauldron is better; frying - cheap non-stick; browning - cast iron without enamel.

us too - we have a shallow wide Le Creuset that seems to suffer in the same way. I also find it rather heavy for my poor wrist - and i worry about it clashing down on our glass cooker top

These are nice.

But will they work on an induction hob?

They are investment grade pots and pans, they will never go near a hob

2 Likes

Furry muff

They do appear a tad Cheshire WAG’s…Sorry Dave

Works on induction :ok_hand:

1 Like

Have to say I prefer the cast iron handle look but @dom likes a nice gold Rolex I think so these could be a match!