Proud dad (/mum/grandad/uncle/whatever) moments

Amy is officially a TEENAGER!

22 Likes

Nephew #1 in NZ absolutely swept the board in his end-of-year prizes. Not only academically, but also in the “respect for others” nice-guy category.

Everyone is hoping that nephew #2 will eventually grow out of his “little shit” phase :laughing:

18 Likes

Another SEDMC attended concert yesterday afternoon in Belper. They were invited by the Dalesmen Male Voice Choir.
This particular group hadn’t really played together before and had only had one run through in morning, but you really couldn’t tell!

Dalesmen (who were also great).

13 Likes

Eldest, 1st U16 girls Giant Slalom @ British Independent Schools champs - boom!! Quite unexpected!

1st time she’s raced GS

28 Likes

Jack missed out on his third World Championship by 2 points to the guy from Hong Kong. So he is second in the World for the first time since 2017. He is not best pleased. Second in the World would be good enough for most but not for Jack. He can’t wait for February to start his qualifying for Paris Paralympics.
He has just been selected to play mixed doubles in Paris so a chance to maybe win two medals.
Lots of work to be done between now and then. I couldn’t be prouder of what he has accomplished but for him it has to be Gold.

30 Likes

He’s a top bloke mate, you’re right to be proud :+1:

2 Likes

Well done to him. Is he still doing his photography? He was good at that too, wasn’t he.

1 Like

He doesn’t do as much photography as he used to because of training programme but he still has a good eye.

1 Like

Like the buses :grin: Slalom today, 1st U16G, 2nd overall girls and 11th of 350 inc all the lads!

Came hoping for top 20, maybe top 10 at a push

Chuffed all around

22 Likes

Very well done her :clap:

1 Like

Amazing.

Just realised if you are in Sestriere you’re less than 50km away from me.

Where are you?

Tignes

Closer than you think as the crow flies. Wish we’d been in Tignes, Sestriere is a tired resort by comparison. Nice to be in the mountains and fun event for the kids. Enjoy your time in the mountains

1 Like

Already a while ago, our daughters (14 and 18) discovered they like sushi, so yesterday we were again in our favorite Japanese restaurant.
As the Missus regularly suggests to eat out, our girls oppose that, as eating sushi outside too often would lose its special character and it won’t be a treat any more.
Proud about that, but that’s not the reason for posting.

Ms Rednose just lost her job, bugger, but fortunately we can manage on my income, as we can do without luxury.
But because of this, while enjoying the sushi, our eldest suggested that she would pick up the bill.
Really chuffed that she gets an idea of real life and understands nothing comes for free.
Both our girls get only a tenner pocket money each month and with tutoring (pays 8-10 per hour) they need to manage their selves to buy whatever they want from their own money.
Impressed by her gesture, we started a firm discussion that there was absolutely no need for parting from her hard earned money to pick up a 60-ish dinner bill. Her persistence to still do so is admirable, but at the end she conceded.
Very proud about that and after finishing, we stood up and I wanted to pay. A waiter at the till wished us happy holidays but didn’t print the bill, so I looked around for the one who served us, as she usually also handles the payments.
‘We can go outside now’, said the youngest.
Feeling a bit awkward since we usually go out together after I have paid the bill.
‘It has been taken care of’, she said again.
‘So you didn’t go to the toilet as you said before?’ asked the eldest.
‘No’, said the youngest, smiling.
‘Niiice’, said the eldest and both girls started laughing.

So there we are, two daughters, 14 and 18, understanding nothing comes for free, appreciating what we do as parents and trying to be supportive with their self earned money. And the youngest outwitting us all.
Very proud dad here.

24 Likes

Never thought I’d post in this thread!.

Since we moved here a few years ago we’ve been really lucky with all our neighbours.

We have got on particularliy well with a couple who just had a son a couple of days after we moved in. Last year they had another son.

Anyhoo cutting to the chase, they all popped around this afternoon for a quick drink and the eldest boy gave us a loosely wrapped present to open.

Ha! God parents!

Very nearly shed a tear (I’m putting that down to indigestion from that sausage roll earlier).

28 Likes

That is fucking brilliant. Congratulations!

3 Likes

You soft twat……. We’ve bin there too. :relaxed:

2 Likes

It was a real surprise neither of us expected it.

1 Like

Amazing the lengths folk will go to these days to get a plumber…:rofl::rofl:

7 Likes