Proud dad (/mum/grandad/uncle/whatever) moments

Well after what seems like an aeon or two of background and OH checks, FoL starts her job this week as a mental health nurse in an older adult centre in Moseley, working in a dementia ward.

Really proud of her as she is very committed to improving the care and outcomes for people suffering the symptoms of this dreadful syndrome.

31 Likes

Very well done and the best of luck to her. I’ve had friends work in that environment. It’s, uh, challenging!

1 Like

Fantastic , incredibly hard job

1 Like

congratulations to her.

1 Like

FoL#2 & gf keep sending the most amazing India trip food videos. This is a good example from Varanasi.

14 Likes

Considering the copy and paste failures on here, the skills to produce a video like that are impressive!
Looks like they are having great trip.

1 Like

Yes, I really enjoyed that. :+1:

Some of the food they’ve been having looks really good. Some interesting places visited too. They’ve put about 10 short films on their yt channel so far.

One day when I have the time and money, I’ll go.

Can I get to their YouTube channel from that vid?

Ok, got it! :crazy_face:

1 Like

great video, when I was travelling for work, I visited India 4 sometimes 5 times a year for 10 years, for periods of 3 to 4 weeks at a time. I can honestly say that the food is fantastic, hugely regional. I have had both some of the best food and worst food in India.

I also regularly travelled to Pakistan, which has different food and Bangladesh where my agents mother used to make me the best Biyrani, and whose recipe I use to this day.

1 Like

Great video. Really enjoyed that.

1 Like

Brilliant !

1 Like

Looks as if they are having a great time! My eldest + bf are in Morocco, on first leg of world tour (or half-world, if they stop in Oz). She was veggie, but is having to adapt to what is available. She’ll do well for food in India.

Some of the other films such as the ones from Madurai and Hampi look appealing. I’m also impressed with what can be done now just editing phone footage on an iPad.

1 Like

Drum clinic with Daisy Palmer organised by the music school. My lad was one of 4 students asked to play and he opened the night with this (Phone mic + PA = less than stellar SQ)

https://youtu.be/IlVH9ywCZno

5 Likes

This video is unavailable

:thinking:

Does it work now, Paul?

1 Like

Yes, watching it now

Very good, how old is he?

1 Like