Qobuz

It’s been confirmed by Qobuz that it’s not currently available in the UK as they are having issues negotiating with publishers.

Looks like it’s just the US (for now)

Brexit

Qobuz is now £15/m for studio premier, which includes 24/192 streaming

Unfair, it’s still 25€ per month here for Studio

I imagine it’ll come into line soon

It would be nice if it did. I also find it weird that they make it awkward to change your subscription in between billing cycles, basically implying that you’ll be paying for two tiers at the same time for the overlap period.

Also lacks for Rammstein content :laughing:

1 Like

Does it reduce for existing subscribers ?

4 Likes

I received an email this morning saying I would be automatically transferred to £14.99 PM from next month for the Studio Premier.

2 Likes

I can see my TIDAL account being cancelled imminently if they don’t adjust prices. In fact, TIDAL need to be cheaper because MQA and Jay-Z.

3 Likes

I am in the same boat. Not done much research on Qobuz, so will do today. Need to make sure I am not going to loose out in terms of the size of catalogue and ability to use it on my iPhone.

I much prefer Qobuz over Tidal. The functionality is about the same, app-wise. I haven’t noticed a huge difference in library, but Qobuz is better for me for discovery. The lack of Jay-Z and MQA is a huge boon.

The only thing I really want is something like Spotify Connect - control playback on PC using phone. They just did a user survey in which they asked if this was in demand, so hopefully they will add it soon.

1 Like

In fairness to TIDAL, their service was 100% brilliant for me when I was in hospital. I could stick the iPhone on an external power pack and then run IEM’s via my AQ dragonfly for a day at a time. Sounded very good, never glitched once in a week and never hit a gap in the library.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s the biggest thing missing for me.

Just downloaded both on my Mac and iPhone so will see how I get on with the 1 month trial.

1 Like

I switched over to amazon hd as it really was doing my head in

I might do this if it ever gets integrated to Roon. At the moment I give enough to Amazon to be Meh! about them though.

Not worth any coin then.