Recommend me a computer monitor

I don’t know Pete, but this might help a decision.
The best monitors for photo editing in 2021 | Digital Camera World

Some of the Ultrawides are bloody lovely and surprisingly flexible. Check out the LG 34UC79G-B

What? Three sensible answers already? Come on Meatmen this isn’t why I come here.

1 Like

i got one of these last year:

no doubt replaced by a newer thing but it is nice

I liked it so much i got the 29" version as well - which works for me vertically.

Ilyama were always well regarded for display accuracy. Or an Apple display of some sort?

we stopped buying them at work for reliability reasons - too many went out of spec in our min of 5 year lifecycle.

Not good for their high price

we were buying their cheapest, through a box shifter. For monitors in our labs we expect two PC cycles of 5 years

Try this one, and save some money.
Asus ProArt Professional Monitor PA329Q 4K Excel Cond 100% Rec.709 and 99.5% RGB | eBay

Thanks chaps, interesting.

I was looking at this one:

or perhaps this one as an ultra-wide:

The new version of Simon’s looks good as well for an ultra-wide:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-Electronics-34WL850-W-WQHD-Fsync/dp/B07WV31HTL

deer me

lol. Careful, or you’ll summon @Jim

Went for an ultra-wide in the end.

Loving it.

9 Likes

Black bands! It looks like widescreen TVs used to look in the early days!!

Well, it’s kind of weird having a browser expand to fill the whole area. And many websites simply don’t use the width (like AA, above - it expands to a point, but no further, so just looks stupid).

It’s useful having space for other windows. I’ve tended to use full screen and switching between them and this is kind of back to working in individual windows.

I know, still funny

Unlike most AA users.

That, however…

2 Likes

We need to know more about your little friend sat on the stack of CDRs - name, history etc :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s Catbert.

Should probably burn it as Scott Adams is a huge thundercunt these days.

5 Likes