Reel 2 Reel - bottomless pit of faff, expense and hisssssssss

After a couple of false starts, we have music

https://youtu.be/YfG42i0lz1w

9 Likes
2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Technics 1500 R2R

I am going to makeup tapes from various sources as opposed to purchasing prerecorded …Alan T is a master at this and I have picked up some interesting tips from him …Guys and Wayne’s prerecorded are a pleasure to listen too when I’m at the venues they attend or vice versa …

1 Like

Technics 1500 R2R - HiFi / Classifieds - Audio Abattoir

:rofl: :rofl:

R2R restoration about to start on the Repair Shop, bbc1 now

4 Likes

Just bought one of these buggers so that I can start transferring my existing pre-recorded tapes onto 2T (well when I can get my RS1500 sorted anyway).

It records 2T and has 2&4T playback at 7.5 and 15 ips, plus switchable NAB -IEC.

Mine is not a pristine unit like the one below and looks well used.

9 Likes

nice looking RS1500

That’s the unit @Mickyricky recently sold I think.

1 Like

yes

Yes I can confirm this … it’s a cracking unit still …He is downsizing and would take a decent phono stage as part ex,which should help the sale .I’m happy with my Tascam BR 20 ,again serviced by Alan T

1 Like

Excellent timing for this to arrive.

4 Likes

Any use to anyone?

I understand that they are all sold now !

1 Like

Now I’ve got the Technics back (still waiting for the TEAC X1000M as there’s a few original parts needed to be sourced) I’ve been making a tape for electronic music mad nephew, with some hi-res files through the DAC and recorded at 7.5ips onto Maxell XLi tape.

Said nephew is losing his fruit hearing this crank out Kraftwerk ‘Home Computer’ :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

He’ll be bending his parents ears all the way home about getting a 2T R2R :rofl:

7 Likes

Now also available in 2” format … a mere Playback only retail €44,100. Playback and record retail €49,000.

https://youtu.be/Dc4UgRXD22o

1 Like

All done, it was the pinch rollers that proved hard to find. Should pick it up on Thursday :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Been waiting for a reason to get one