Reel 2 Reel - bottomless pit of faff, expense and hisssssssss

Ftfy.:joy:

That is probably going to need to be baked properly to get it to play. Do we think it is legit? 1250 is a lot of wonga for a knackered bootleg.

Not a chance. There was no such band as Ultravox in 1977, if it was PVC2 or Rich Kids I might believe it. Also the newness of that Ultravox label compared to everything else that’s made of paper is concerning.

The plastic bag it is in would have gone a dirty brown and hard and then fallen apart, looks fake to me.

Ha! Ha! Ha! was released in '77, wasn’t it?

Actually yeah, that was the John Foxx group Ultravox! Wasn’t it? To be fair I was never a fan of either. Still don’t think that tape is genuine though.

That rings true from memory.
Congratulations… on spending so much.

The place is so engaging.

It’s a tough call, the BBC have archivists to keep tapes in good condition - I would imagine this extends to labels and new bags. The question would be how this tape left the archive unless copies were sent to management / band etc

Collected my latest acquisitions yesterday. Look forward to hearing these later.

The Dock of the Bay tape also has Led Zep II and Booker T’s Hip Hugger spliced in.

I’ll have to put them on their own reels.

9 Likes

That immortal reel has one of my favorite Otis numbers on it:

2 Likes

Bags a 7.5 ips copy of that Dusty In Memphis. I’ll send you a tape if you can do it.

1 Like

Meh.

2 Likes

The first rule of tape club is nobody talks about tape club.

1 Like

I haz the fail. :pleading_face:

Loose lips sink ships

2 Likes

Yay mystery tape those are my favourite.

2 Likes

Did you win that Edd?

Yes.

1 Like