Reel 2 Reel - bottomless pit of faff, expense and hisssssssss

Will need a 7.5 ips copy at some point :grinning: (maybe at Jim’s?)

1 Like

The first rule of tape club is nobody talks about tape club.

4 Likes

But yes 4T and 2T copies :+1:

I have that Opus Eric Bibb album on 45rpm vinyl. A comparison might be interesting. The tape costs about twenty times more - I’ll bet it doesn’t sound 20 times better! :thinking:

1 Like

About 10 times, and since when did Hi-Fi ever work like that?

1 Like

Never, was just being a twat :smiley:

8 Likes

Good man.

1 Like

Wish it did though. I need a Coco LCR tape head amp.

3 Likes

Just ask him nicely…:wink:

@coco

2 Likes

This is worth watching if you’re interested in the history of the format.

1 Like

Go for it @coco :popcorn:

Btw my final year project at Uni was input and output amps for an open reel tape player, including variable eq and variable bias level and frequency. Totally mad faff… purpose was to investigate none linearity of tape hysteresis and how the bias level and frequency affected distortion. Replay is much easier mind :grin:

5 Likes

You think tape faff is expensive try eating at a posh restaurant in Milan.
We spent more on fish, veg, and puds than Ed spent on that Eric Bibb. :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

A few years back, I did a tour of Europe on my motorbike, and visited my family In Lausanne. They insisted on taking me out to their favourite Italian, which was a nice enough place but nothing spectacular. Thank fuck they were paying, because a pizza cost £30…

Could get Eric Bibb to come and play a house concert, likely to be cheaper :smile:

1 Like

Supplies came from Tapecity so I’ve repaired 2 tapes and added leader tape to them. Just the rest to do now…

3 Likes

You know you want it.

Oh baby!

I want and I don’t even own a R2R