Reel 2 Reel - bottomless pit of faff, expense and hisssssssss

That Muddy Waters tape looks sweeeet.

Very nice, but for $450 I would expect him to be resurrected and brought to play in my house.

5 Likes

Shame, but that price is for home shows on the mainland only.

1 Like

Looks nice, always liked the look of Technics stuff.

Bloody remotism again

It’s an “Investment”

1 Like

Well if you dub it you can just dub it to Nab.

I think the all have iec boards in them, some need populating so it shouldn’t be to much hassle to add IEC.

Also, First rule of tape club.

1 Like

:speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Is hear no evil?

Dub , I thought reggae was not available :wink:

Hearing prog is evil if that helps?

1 Like

There’s no tape long enough.

3 Likes

Thank. Fuck. That’s saved me a bundle :smirk:

1 Like

Just run it at 1/8" per hour and you’re golden

3 Likes

That Eric Bibb tape deserves this @edd9000 :flushed:

Nagra T Audio Time Code Reel to Reel Player
https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/nagra-t-audio-time-code-reel-to-reel-player/1324534242?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

There are many lovely machines around, I’d love a giant studer or similar but really for now I’m happy with the Teac.

I’d be interested in making a head amp for it though.

Have you got the schematic for what’s in there? I have one for the X-3R & it isn’t that complex. Based around OpAmps. Spice could be used to sim an equivalent incorporating valves.

I haven’t looked to be honest. I just know the bottle head unit takes the feed right from the head which would be easy to do. Not sure I will ever bother, sounds pretty good to me.

Actually that’s just the output. There is more straight after the head.

On the 32-2b it appears to be discreet until the output amp with the volume control. Right after the eq and line level amp which are discreet is the dbx outputs so it seems I can use those to avoid opamps at the loss of some output gain.