Reel 2 Reel - bottomless pit of faff, expense and hisssssssss

Nightmare blueprint for mankind. :+1:

Did he have the Bullitt feem choon playing at all times? Because I would.

1 Like

Same company, different trip, another bell end colleague hired a 4*4 and went off-roading in Death Valley (the clue’s in the name mate).

Blew out all four tyres, totally stranded for God knows how long, nearly died, they had to scramble all sorts of Kung Fu emergency services.

Makes you nostalgic for start-ups in the 90s.

2 Likes

SF is cool, and you can go skiing, Yosemite and stuff, also all cool. From LA you can go to Vegas.

1 Like

And the Grand Canyon

I like San Francisco but the feckin’ hills are a pain in the arse. LA is alright for a couple of days. My favourite city in California is San Diego. There are excellent bars and restaurants in the Gaslamp Quarter. The City is dead easy to navigate and relatively safe compared to LA especially. The proximity to the border means you can go down to Tijuana which was mad the first time I went.

2 Likes

Good point, but if i I try to sell it that way to Claire, we’ll end up in LA, because she actually loves Vegas, she’s been there a few times. Fuck knows why, maybe she had a good shag there or something.

And visit the largest man made turd outside of Runcorn

3 Likes

I love the drive from Vegas to LA though. Driving out of Runcorn is alright too. Driving there is another matter.

2 Likes

Ok, so if by some miracle I can convince the womenfolk to swap from LA to SF, are there any places I can hit up for R2R tapes?

Laguna Beach is really nice but quite a trip from LA. I stayed there for a couple of weeks with a friend and had a great time. Venice beach is worth a visit and parts of it is very trendy now.

1 Like

I lived in Santa Monica and San Francisco in the late sixties early seventies and much preferred SM. For an 18 yo who likes Vegas it has to be Los Angeles every time.

As is driving towards Vegas

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like “I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive…” And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas. And a voice was screaming: “Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?”

VB

5 Likes

The Runcorn equivalent would be the starlings that roost under the Jubilee bridge… Fucking thousands of them, it’s an awesome sight to watch them doing the murmuration thing, but more awesome when the peregrine falcons do their stuff.

Anyway, focus on the subject please chaps, where the fuck do I buy a suitcase full of records and R2R tapes from?

Chill. What’s the panic ? You’re not going until next year ?

What’s with the sensible shit all of a sudden? First not buying a Shpongle record because it’s a tiny bit more spendy than the rest of their stuff, and now this…

Are you really Mike, or have you been assimilated…

New Sony Walkman, yes Sony are making it apparently. Now you can ditch all thos big ugly R2R decks and get one of these to be cool.

1 Like

you seen the date?

4 Likes

1 Like