Reel 2 Reel - bottomless pit of faff, expense and hisssssssss

Looks very sexy. Tape Deck of course.

Making-of video of photo shoot Carsten Sander for Ballfinger from BALLFINGER on Vimeo.

Might be some use to the tapists here:

1 Like

Also interesting

1 Like

In which the R2R crowd discover their new guru in (gulp) Ken Kessler.

2 Likes

Get tae bollocks

6 Likes

7 Likes

Just found out a mate, that I had no idea would like hi-fi, has bought a reel to reel player!

What to do…

From his home studio I’m guessing?

Buy some tapes?

2 Likes

I had already talked myself out of R2R but now I’m looking again. This thread got me looking initially. I can’t afford it though but that’s never stopped me before.

1 Like

Ian Beale?

2 Likes

That’s the chap :wink:

3 Likes

Sooooo…

Ellie is 18 next year, so as a sort of present we said she could choose where to go on holiday, and, being absolutely obsessed with California, she immediately said Los Angeles… :roll_eyes:

This would be my absolute idea of hell, but looking on the outskirts like Laguna Beach might work, with occasional foraging trips into the city itself.

My immediate thought was, awesome, hit some used record shops, and fill a suitcase full of records and r2r tapes. Obviously Amoeba, but any other recommendations for the tape side of it?

I stayed at Redondo Beach for a few days a number of years ago and really liked it. Good micro brew bar at Manhattan Beach I seem to recall

1 Like

San Francisco is fucking cool, and still in California…

2 Likes

Ooh, yes SF would be ace, especially if I hire a Mustang…

LA is a (very big) toilet.

3 Likes

And I’ve been there with a colleague who did exactly that.

Massive car nut, blind as a bat.

So he hired the muscle car, then always wanted / needed a wingman to shout “Left! Right! Omigod we’re going to die!”

1 Like