Relaxing tropical holidays

Pad Thai / spring rolls, chicken & chashew lots of non P̄hĕd flanang food.

1 Like

Whats a good coastal area in Thailand?

We’ll probably do an airbnb rather than hotel

This is where additional travel time really kicks in. You may consider the VIP air con buses from Bangkok - Don’t, you would be looking at overnights & hassle galore. Flying down to Trat for Koh Chang or Phuket for koh phi phi etc is just so much easier. None of the above matters if you’re backpacking with months to burn but if you’re on a two week jaunt, days on a bus will be a hassle.
(There are direct flights from the UK to Phuket)

2 Likes

Im going to chat with Mrs P tomorrow and see if Thailand is back on the cards, if it is i might have more questions…

1 Like

Galapagos? Maldives?

Galapagos, maybe.
Maldives, id rather a week as Boris Johnsons kegs.

1 Like

If you’re really into wildlife - well, tortoises, lizards and birds - I can’t imagine a more expensive, less attractive place to visit.

2 Likes

Ive no idea on cost but its not a place thats jumped out as a great destination. Still preferable to the Maldives tho.

As is Margate

2 Likes

Barrow in Furness?

Probably

1 Like

Cuba

close the thread

1 Like

No.

Yes

Côte d’Ivoire could be an option.
Infrastructure is constantly developing, it’s a lot closer, and I’m not aware of any (obvious) human rights issues….

1 Like

I’m with Terry, look into West Africa as well. The Atlantic coasts should be lovely, and the flight is much more manageable than the far east.

1 Like

God’s own, toilet.

Mombasa, the beaches North of there are lovely. Also gives you the option of a split beach and Safari holiday. Weather is fairly constant all year round, just the wet season to look out for and even that has its attractions, such as the great migration across the grasslands.

As much as i would love a safari its not what this holiday is for. We need somewhere to relax and chill for a week or so. Maybe a day trip but that really depends on how Mrs P is come the time.
Ideally we need somewhere that is not going to tempt us in to long day trips or energetic excursions, somewhere that we wont regret just staying on the coast.

1 Like

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g294192-zff10-Ivory_Coast-Hotels.html

The Gambia?

Nice beaches, good restaurants - especially sea food - good accommodation. Only drawback is you can sometimes get hassled by locals on the make but you soon learn how to deal with that.