Reliable runabout for £3K

here you go just over £3k

Mrs MJ2 has had no problems with her’s.

My second daughter had a Fiat 500 1.2 petrol for about two and a half years and nothing ever went wrong with it. Very cheap to run. Bought it for £6K (18 months old) from a car dealer and sold it for £5K. She only sold it as she needed a Kia Sportage 4X4 to tow a horse box for eventing.

Agree entirely with this. £30 a year road tax and pretty much 50 mpg, however you drive it.

Great fun too.

Not if you plan to put anyone in the back…

Fiesta, end of. Or Yaris is they have one in a colour that she just must have :slightly_smiling_face:

Only if they have the same colour as nail polish as well innit?

I don’t really consider myself a car person, but I’m astounded by the recos for Fiat 500s (tho’ I know Graham has the sense to dodge that bullet) - having often driven Micras of the era he’s replacing and racked up a lot of miles in hire 500s - I’d take the old Micra any day - the 500 is a fucking horrible car to drive: crashy suspension, wayward handling, and a truly gutless range of engines that end-up lacking economy cos you’re thrashing the life out of them all of the time. It’s not just the wanky plastic that’s retro, so are the entire vehicle dynamic. YUK!

Totally disagree. Nicest small car I have driven, by a long way. Tis a wee bit gutless up a long hill, but the rest is spot on, IMO.

That’s the great thing about living in a free country - you can be as catastrophically, hilariously, mongingly RongTM about anything you like, even in built-up areas and with a large audience looking-on and laughing, and nobody minds… :+1:

Hang on… you drive a Volvo. A fucking VOLVO!

:rofl:

Envy is such an ugly emotion…

They make the best cars. Fact.

:+1:

are they brown velour or vinyl

Had a 500 as a service courtesy car. We both thought it was cheap crap. Our Micra is better built with a better engine and gearbox.

We’ve been out today looking at Fiestas - we’ve decided it is the car for us. Just a matter of finding one.

That’s the great thing about living in a free country - you can be as catastrophically, hilariously, mongingly RongTM about anything you like, even in built-up areas and with a large audience looking-on and laughing, and nobody minds… :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

I have to say, I agree with the comments on the Fiestas - they’re bloody great.

This looks decent, if not flawless - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710170386136?maximum-mileage=90000&radius=55&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&exclude-writeoff-categories=on&model=FIESTA&price-from=1000&make=FORD&advertising-location=at_cars&year-from=2009&price-to=3500&year-to=2013&fuel-type=Petrol&sort=sponsored&postcode=ox13se&page=1 Should be haggle-able.

They all seem to be that dreadful piss yellow in-budget… :open_mouth: