Replace a Picasso

One of the warranty companies does a reliability index which is trust more than jdp.
Personally I’d avoid cuntinental cars totally. Asia is the king of reliability and / or warranty if you are buying new. Of the many Asian cars I’ve had I’ve had few real issues the only big one was with a Nissan 200sx that I cracked the sump of launching it over a railway crossing. Drove it for nearly a year pouring oil in as needed when it started to smell like hot metal. Eventually blew out a piston and it was scrapped but it took a real beating.

Just started looking in earnest at replacements. Have test driven a C4 Grand Picasso, which I’m largely ambivalent about. It’s not as shit as the original one, but then again walking is an improvement on that. Couldn’t get a driving position that worked properly for me either, but that may just require a bit more time and not having shouty children in the car at the same time. It does seem that if you want proper seats, you either need to be happy with only 4, or get a car that has 7 or more. Even quite large estates / SUVs invariably only have a half seat in the back, which is quite shit.

Have you tried a Scenic?

Not yet; yesterday was the first test drive. The Scenic does at least have three proper seats in the back.

Fuck anything French, they’re all crap.
Ford S-Max gets my vote.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d rather go Ford tbh. The big challenge is that you pay something of a premium for anything non-French over here.

We hired a Kia Sorrento in Straya. It was very decent as far as 7-seaters go. Mahoosive though and spendy. We had a Zafira in Calpe during the summer. Awful car, avoid like the plague.

We have a Vauxhall merriva
So far so good

Kia Sportage is also a reliable piece of kit. Worth a look too.

I HATE post 2000 French cars. Absolutely fucking woeful reliability. They’re much worse than they used to be (which is really saying something)!

The fact you’re willing to tolerate looking after most of the bizarre things I’m looking at leasing next except the Megane R.S (and the the Mini) speaks to this effect.

Megane/Scenic III - when servicing you have to remove the pedal box to replace a pollen filter. I shit you not! Takes close to a fucking hour. All because the lazy cunts won’t redesign it for right hand drive.
It’s on the same side on a left hand drive car!!

Don’t do the Sportage. It is shit. Had one for 3 years and hated it every time I had to drive it

It’s a fucking Bentley compared to a Picasso.

3 Likes

I’m having a shit day, can you tell? :grinning:

3 Likes

Yay Mini. Get a C6. He told me how much he would love to look after one of those for you.

2 Likes

Actually get two.

2 Likes

Thinking of winding up the business if he does. :laughing:

Concave rear window. Excuse me for a minute.

We’ve discussed the C6 in the past. It’s a French car we both have a soft spot for but I don’t think that stretches to me actually bringing it in for work.

Come on, we could give it to David every time. He’d love it.

Hey I like the Renault Avantime - still wouldn’t fucking do it though.
I feel a little bit dirty after admitting that.