Restaurant recommendations

Wow ! That’s a proper old skool dining room and menu (with a couple of newer ideas).
Jacket and tie compulsory, no doubt.
I’d expect the female partner would get a menu without prices.
Not for me.

1 Like

Is that an outpost of the Scott’s on Mount Street / Mayfair?

I went there years ago, on someone else’s nickel. To be honest it wun’t very good. But as I say, this was years ago.

Biggest issue for me is that’s an insanely large array of seafood for a menu. It’s already pretty well established that a wide menu compromises freshness, either because it means stuff is all frozen, or it’s getting pretty old. Confining that to seafood ramps the whole issue up to 11.

1 Like

There’s a link to the Mayfair one on that website so guess so.

1 Like

I’m so lazy that I didn’t bother to click through on Dave’s link.

1 Like

On this topic.

https://twitter.com/McMoop/status/1574364442338394117?t=ltC8Wuwp3PfrXe74woLKlg&s=19

My old stamping ground. Scott’s is basically next door.

I was shocked when it closed. w00t to it reopening.

2 Likes

Mine too!

Been to Scott’s recently btw, first time in ages. Really enjoyed it. I understand exactly why you don’t rate it but I also really get why it’s so successful. :grin:

1 Like

Ate here on our last night on a golfing trip to Le Touquet
16 of us had the cheapest menu of the day €28.50 and it was amazing.
With that number we had booked in advance and had their private dining room upstairs (Probably to the relief of all the other diners).
Best food I have had in a long time

1 Like

I did wonder how that place a mile up in the Alps that you went to had turbot on the menu, as that would be quite a long supply chain.

I mean it was probably caught the previous day, but that’s not too bad fish wise.

We have found the average fare in Le Touquet to be very good. Even the bars do decent grub.
It’s our go to destination for a short break.

1 Like

If you’re in Fowey in the summer months visit Cap’n Hank’s Crab & Snack shack.

Superb sea food at reasonable prices.

4 Likes

Surely a meatman’s restaurant? (Penang, Malaysia - friend’s photo. No idea what the food was like)

2 Likes

Extremely popular street food place in Glasgow.
Ho Lee Fook

3 Likes