Roll-Up: A Search For The Finest Sausage Roll

Their other services at Tebay have been a joy to visit over the years.

Wifey has just made a batch using the leftover sausagemeat from making christmas stuffing. Sausagemeat is the local butchers latest herby concoction. Pastry was a bit of Jusroll out the freezer. Bloody lovely.

2 Likes

For small fancy supermarket sausage rolls I would recommend Booths. One in Settle apparently.

After quite a bit of pondering I have a nasty feeling that they were from the apotheosis of latte-sipping yummy mummiedom, Gail’s.

The shame burns :frowning_face:

1 Like

Hmmm… Pretty sure I have had sausage rolls from Gail’s. Can’t remember how they were though!

Next time I’m on my own for lunch I’ll buy in from the various local bakeries. For the purposes of research obvs.

Might even brave the queue at Gail’s.

3 Likes

I like to add some cheese and marmite ….

4 Likes

Nbc Nod GIF by The Voice

3 Likes

4 Likes

We have totally opposing tastes in sausage rolls, but exactly the same taste in worktops it would appear.

2 Likes

I do like a sausage roll tho.

Never made any before so looking forward to sourcing some sausage meat and getting personal with some pastry again.

Read the fucking instructions this time

:joy:

1 Like

Cheese and Branston pickle also works well

I’m not really a fan of sausage rolls myself , seeing them as a missed opportunity to eat a pasty but I remember @kernow making some spectacularly good sausage rolls for one of @stu s bake offs.

3 Likes

Yes,I’m also not a big lover of most sausage rolls,but they were lovely.

Selfishly they split up ruining everyone’s joy.

1 Like

Enjoy your ban.

10 Likes

He’s just snack (snag?) divergent, needs respect and support. :+1:

stanley kubrick so youre keen on musicccc GIF by Maudit

2 Likes

Ahaha yeah I miss those definitely

2 Likes

Think the choice was sausage rolls or a shot at car share girl

2 Likes

Strangely enough, I met with her today to catch up
First time in about 5yrs