Roon redux

Fucking olympic gold for me then.

FWIW, I’m running Qobuz on the Nucleus and never missed a beat. Pricey option but has been reliable.

I saw this, thought O bugger and turned the system on it’s fine did a quboz search for miles Davies came back with my 450 odd results and 1500 odd on quboz in a couple of seconds. The slowest bit I think is the android iPad. It’s never as quick as using the desktop machine when I am in the office

My search for PJ Harvey and playing one song has now resulted in “Girl Band” playing via radio and they’re very good.

Late to the party.
I have a 60 day trial of Tidal and @MJ2 Mike kindly sent me a link to a 60 day trial of Roon.
Roon is now churning away indexing my NAS

1 Like

2.5 hours and 53,500 tracks later and it is still indexing!

Yes, it’s horrifically resource hunger. Fuck knows how shit the developers are to make it such a pig. Nice UI, but it’s a fucking pig.

1 Like

It is going to get binned.
Installed yesterday, indexed my NAS, connected to Tidal account all worked fine.
Today it won’t load.

I am not going to uninstall and reinstall, expensive shit should work first time every time

3 Likes

So I rebooted the laptop and Roon loaded first time.
I hate computers :rage:

4 Likes

Why not put on a nice record?

5 Likes

I very rarely have issues with Roon. When I do, restarting the NUC that OST’s the core almost always fixes things. If it doesn’t fix with a reboot, check the Roon forum as there are infrequent occasions when it goes tits up at their end. In the main though it just works.

I got so pissed off with it I posted on the Roon forum.
Got contacted by their Tech Support manager who asked me to submit log files which I have done.
Waiting for a response

Can you post a link please @Kevin? There was an issue with Roon logins a few weeks ago that took some fucking around with and an update to resolve. I was in bed held together by staples for some of it so missed out on the excitement.

I meant to your thread @Kevin…

After running event log files and sending them to Roon support it all went quiet so posted a pissed off post on their forum, said that I had no response for 20 days and my free trial was ending in 8 days and I wasn’t going to pay for a service that only works 15% of the time.
Got a response from a fellow user of the forum who suggested that I check the firewall settings and also check with the manufacturers site that my graphics card had the latest drivers.
The firewall was OK and Windows device manager said I had the latest drivers.
The Intel site said that I didn’t.
I downloaded new drivers for the graphics card from the Intel site and everything seems to be working OK now.
I wish the Roon tech people had asked me to do this over a month ago.
Roon (who obviously haven’t checked the thread on the forum) have responded and asked me to check for Windows updates and also for updates to GPU drivers :grinning:
They have also apologised for their tardy response and extended my trial period by 30 days.
I will just wait 24 hours and make sure everything is OK before I let them know but it looks like we have got there in the end.

2 Likes

Music server software needs up to date graphics card drivers. Of course, it’s obvious now you say it.

2 Likes

Ridiculous isn’t it?

Don’t forget the SSD. Spinning platters are a no-no.

TBF I thought it was good, but the effective overriding of tag data, and its wilful waste of resources (disc space and network bandwidth) really peeved me.

Oh and the bloody landscape app drove me up the wall.