Roon redux

:laughing:

If this happens to anyone else, it’s because a new iPad on latest and greatest iOS, even when restored with an old profile from iCloud, turns off the ability for the Roon app to see devices on the network because reasons. Now sorted.

3 Likes

Well that’s me out of the Roon loop, they did refund my subscription though so that was nice of them.

Banned for making a joke that the old name for Roon was ‘Sooloos’ is the same as how I describe my ex (although technically I got banned for calling him a jumped up little cunt)

For example, making comments about the sexual promiscuity of ones ex-wife may have been acceptable in the past (even if a bit awkward), is now worthy of “cancelation”

5 Likes

Sir should know that the support forum for network audio bloatware is no place for humour.

2 Likes

Damn, at least if you were trolling there you left other places alone.

They banned me a week ago. They’ve gone full circle-jerk.

You were correct in your summation. Danny Dulai is a jumped-up little prick.

What the fuck? I know that it is all a bit like a watered down version of the old Linn or Naim forums but I didn’t see you trolling folk there. Did you dare to blaspheme against the truth that is Roon?

A few of them who are either very influential or moderators or both and have had a massive hard-on for me for ages.

They don’t like their MQA bullshit being called-out, and their CTO Danny is a fucking wet wipe.

1 Like

You going to head over to pfm then? Looks like a nice quiet MQA thread to dip into there.

No, honestly I don’t have the energy for it. I only got involved again recently because them wankers at Tidal are removing all the PCM on the platform so if you don’t want decode MQA you have no choice but to have a 12-bit Waitrose mp3 shoved down your gob.

It was the removal of choice that wound me up.

If someone wants to contribute to Bob Stuart’s pension fund of their own free will, that’s their prerogative.

2 Likes

“Waitrose MP3” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Ah. I noticed that they were getting a bit miffed about that. We had a family discussion about ditching TIDAL for Qobuz recently. Two things stopped me (i) I can’t be arsed to rebuild my library (or use a service to do the job) and (ii) the kids use the TIDAL subscription more than I do.

I find the whole Roon Forum a bit weird as it seems to be 95% fanbois and 5% hating moaners with no middle ground. I guess they decided to clean house after the Roon 1.8 moanathon debacle. Seems all a bit precious to me really.

You jest but I got a formal warning for blaspheming.

On a cable thread I wrote “Christ do dealers still use those BS sales techniques”

I initially though the post was flagged for swearing (BS) but no it turned out it was blasphemy.

7 Likes

That is fucking brilliant. Kudos.

Sinner!

they set a policy that you can only make one post per day in MQA threads and if you post the same negative comment more than once you’ll be suspended.

There’s a few undercover moderators that don’t have the badges.

1 Like

Yeah, there’s a bloke called JimF. He’s a big prick and basically just went around flagging and hiding my posts for the hell of it.

1 Like

Think I’m going to steal that…

Ha ha fucking excellent…so tempting now to dream up an old fashioned cuss and get done by those puritanical arseholes.

I’ll just say it here MQA is total snake oil, rip-off bullshit.

Sigh, I love this place.

:relieved:

1 Like

Roon core has been running on my Macbook for over a year with no problems and using ipad as remote, again stable.

Since last week the remote can’t find the core, I have done fresh installs on both devices, remote is enabled in settings and they are on the same network.

Any suggestions appreciated.