Roon redux

There is a whole thread on Roon being a cunt

I think Tons of Fun had the same issues

1 Like

Cheers, I annoy him with loads of questions then. :grinning:

When you say remote is enabled, have you let it access local network in iOS settings?

Just checked and the settings are the same as your screen grab.

It isn’t a new ipad but it is running latest OS.

Have you deleted and reinstalled the app? (this is generally an Android fix but, when in doubt…)

I have deleted both the core and remote apps and reinstalled.

I do have a malet to hand.

I’d be at the ‘raise hell at Roon’ stage tbh. I take it your router isn’t playing silly buggers and not letting devices on different frequencies not talk to each other?

The router is set up so that the two frequencies have different names, both are on the same one.

I’ll go self flagellate over on Roon.

:man_facepalming:

Guess who had not followed the IT Crowd mantra?

Have you tried turning the router off and on again?

Thanks for trying to help, cock punch thread for me!

3 Likes

It’s a demonstration of your willingness to learn, you admitted that in this quasi public space :+1:

1 Like

To be fair it is more an example of my ability to forget the basics. :cowboy_hat_face:

To this day why the fuck do you still all bother with it

1 Like

For me the only reason is the new music discovery, have you tried it?

My Roon has operated almost flawlessly since I took out a lifetime subscription. I don’t have any reasons to moan or carry on about it. I feel a bit cheated as I could do with something to rant about…

1 Like

Yes

Not for you?

I liked the interface but it was just resource hungry and never ran properly on my system.
Half the time it wouldn’t load at all.
I had a three month trial and was backwards and forwards so many times to their tech support that they extended the trial by another three months.
I had six months of exasperation, sending log files to Roon, waiting a week for them to come back to me and they never got to the bottom of it or suggested anything that actually worked.
It turned out that I needed to download a new driver for my video card that solved the issue. I asked Roon why a video card driver was so critical, when I could watch IPlayer, stream video content quite happily, it was only Roon that didn’t work.

They gave me a bullshit answer, and I was so pissed off with the whole thing I just could not bring myself to pay them any actual money and uninstalled it all.

The standard opinion seems to be there are some great features in Roon but the software is shit unless you have it installed on it’s own server, when it is slightly less shit.

Have you tried it …no because of shit like this I read

Not for me

1 Like

Mallet :grin:

You have too much time on your hands, perhaps you need a part time job. :smiley:

1 Like