Roon redux

I don’t have Roon, but just went to check the forums, to see what all the fuss is about, and it is down. Too many complaints, I guess.

The site is frequently down, they spend the min amount of money on hosting it so at best it is slow at worst it is down.

All it brings them, is more grief, so why bother with it, I guess.

It probably imploded under the weight of its own earnestness.

3 Likes

This is very true. It is like the old Linn forum but with more earnest Murican foo fans.

Because it eases the load on the support staff.

Have just updated the Zen to the new 2.0 OS and this is what Roon should have been before the abortion that was 1.8

Interface is brilliant and it has the “similar artist” feature I liked in Roon. Early days but I’m really impressed with the initial play.

1 Like

Is the software free? Wondered if I could try it in a docker/vm.

Nope locked into their hardware.

2 Likes

I like the look of them (well, the spec, it’s a black box) but perversely I’m put off by the CD drive.

I do my ripping elsewhere thank you.

I only had around 10x CDs but the import feature sold it to me. I have a fairly small library of around 1000 albums and it imported all of them and got the metadata right for everything.

The library on the Innuos is excellent.

99% of what I play is streamed via Qobuz and the interface and search for that is faster than Roon now.

1 Like

I was very much of this opinion until I started using a vortexbox. My Innuos Zen replaced the vortexbox. As a ripping/tagging solution it is great. My days of using the likes of EAC and MP3Tag are largely behind me. I rarely use the ripper now anyway as I am moving more and more of my listening towards TIDAL. What are you using to rip then Guy?

Fuck Tidal, binned it a while ago after they converted everything to cunting MQA.

Was also one of the reasons I got the bollockache with Roon, they concentrate on fixing search issues etc for Tidal or magically Roon would only display Tidal results.

I agree with the view however I can’t be arsed to update and transport everything across to Qobuz so TIDAL it is. My cloth ears detect no issues with MQA.

Same here and I actually prefer the Radio Paradise MQA stream.

It was more the wholesale selling their soul to MQA and Roon being (Meridian/Sooloos) cunts.

Looking forward to Innuos adding the spotify integration soon though

1 Like

dbPoweramp.

I then add the result to the MusicBee library, which simultaneously renames files to a common pattern and moves them to where I want them on the NAS.

This is pretty much what the Innuos does, amongst other things. It is really a case of horses for courses as I use Roon so the Innuos is solely a ripper/server feeding my Lumin and various other devices scattered about the house.

1 Like

Yes, I was just reading some of the docs. It really does look like a jack of all trades.

I’m wondering if I could use one to eliminate some boxes but I suspect that something would fall through the cracks.

Do you have the Zen or the Zen Mini or what? Please.

Zen Mk3 which replaced a Zen Mini Mk3 :wink:

1 Like