Ruby Murray

Would a smoked naga, pierced and added to chicken curry for two while the chicken is cooking, make the dish crazy hot? I already have a few green finger chillies blended in the masala…

1 Like

Sounds great!

It’s not just for me :joy:

Some nice smoked bhut jolokia from spicesontheweb

1 Like

This, but with a splash of fish sauce and a smoked naga added

Methi Chicken, and Carrot, Pea fry

1 Like

leftover Lamb Biryani from the freezer, and a bottom of the fridge veg curry (carrot, celery, some big red chilli’s)…who’d have thought celery would work in a curry

1 Like

I use it in most of my one-pot meals. Curries included. I think it works well.

we use it alot, but i never thought of it as a main ingredient in curry. In reality that dish was a carrot and celery curry with a handful of other stuff thrown in.

1 Like

I use leek where celery is called for. Can’t abide celery. Revolting taste.

1 Like

It’s odd. People who like celery don’t seem to think it has a strong taste. People who don’t (like you and me) think it’s revolting and can detect it in minute concentrations in things.

1 Like

I don’t like celery per-se, but in cooking it’s great. e.g. Stilton and Celery soup.

About every 5-10 years I buy a tube of Primula cheese to squeeze into a stick of celery, only to realise that my childhood memories are wrong, and Primula cheese is utterly fucking disgusting.

http://www.dignitas.ch/?lang=en

3 Likes

there is definitely something wrong with you…

i love it raw - celery, wallnuts, blue cheese, apple as a base for a salad is great.

I so loved it as a kid…

1 Like

me too, and in fact Louise and I were having a conversation about cheese in a squeezy tube last week and she didnt believe me. I remember getting the flavoured ones - onion, ham…

It’s vile. Like mushrooms it’s for making into soups and sauces only.

1 Like

Yup…Pretty nasty stuff For me whilst raw or just lightly cooked, I can just about abide it when cooked right down In say a long slow casserole recipe, altho I quite like celery seed.

Have you tried celeriac as a substitute @murrayjohnson @coco

whats wrong with you lot? Braised Celery hearts is a lovely thing…

1 Like