Scalford 2018 10th Anniversary HiFi Show

Horns are great - it’s all this new fangled ‘Essex’ stuff I object to. And don’t get me started on LCR phonostages.:stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not a mod…but I’m watching this thread vewy vewy carefully indeed. :slight_smile:

Be warned.

1 Like

Or what Twinkle? You’ll make us watch your Widow Twanky?

Really pleased that Scalford was a great success this year.
A bit early to know what might happen next year but thanks for posting.

Blanket the sock puppet will be along in a minute

1 Like

first it’s ‘so yesterday’ then it’s ‘new fangled’ - make your feckin mind up :rolling_eyes:

…and you can’t get started on LCR phono stages - you don’t have a deck…twit.

4 Likes

That hasn’t stopped Coco

4 Likes

Twit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Turntables are so last year. Any ‘experienced audiophile’ will tell you that a Dac into an inverse riaa is the best way to get great results from a phono stage.

5 Likes

Ftfy

I am very pleased that Scalford was such a success. I might have gone as a paying punter this year if I wasn’t crapped out at the time. At the moment I can’t see myself exhibiting again.

Here is an old hat.

Regional meat men weekenders is where it’s at.

10 Likes

Maybe we’ll one day be offered advice on how to monetise such events.

4 Likes

Sell muffins and offer rides in an Astra?

3 Likes

There is enough rooms for everyone. These words like ‘dealerscum’ don’t exist anymore, stop thinking about forum v forum, that has all gone now, this is a shit hot weekend of HiFi enthusiasts all getting pissed, playing great music and having a great time. There is no show like it and rather than take the piss, see my genuine offer for exactly what it is rather than dragging it down for the sake of argument.
The shit that was created before has nothing to do with me, and The Wam is a different place now, move on. The offer still stands.

May I refer you to the text …

I would feel uncomfortable about paying to exhibit while a profit is sought to be made. Doesn’t work for me. But have fun with it. Would be a shame if it all went tits up.

Nice of you to come on here and tell us what to do and what does and doesn’t exist. I was confused beforehand but I will stop thinking about Forum V Forum etc. Really useful post and thanks for the genuine offer too.

:neutral_face:

6 Likes

Define great music.

I bet it was shawaddy waddy

2 Likes

This is gonna get closed quite soon isn’t it?

2 Likes