Scalford 2018 10th Anniversary HiFi Show

Showaddywaddy. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah we know :roll_eyes:. I donā€™t think that itā€™s an overstatement to say that many here were part of making Scalford what it is over a number of years - before you came along.

Time, effort, support and money was given freely when it was ran by members for members. Things have changed. Besides thereā€™s plenty of people willing to exhibit from WW, AA and more, so it will carry on.

Thanks for the offer it is welcome (maybe by some more than others), but no thanks to the lecture.

12 Likes

I have really enjoyed doing Scalford.

Fantastic event,but sadly the money side has killed it stone dead for me.

Totally against everything the show started out as.

7 Likes

mostly it was pretty good. I heard v. little classical and opera which was a bonus. I of course brought along a decent selectionā€¦ and we didnā€™t even have to put up with endless London Grammar . And Dean was spinning tunes.

One of my first lpā€™s was Showaddywaddy. Had ā€˜Under the moon of loveā€™. Bings back memories this thread does.

2 Likes

I kissed my first girlfriend to Under The Moon Of Love. I was 7 and she was 9. Iā€™ve always had a thing for older women.

1 Like

We know, and we have. I think itā€™s time a few others did.

6 Likes

You must like them, lots.

2 Likes

On both sides of the fence

5 Likes

Fuck me, I donā€™t even know where to start with that statement but letā€™s just begin by ripping up for arse paper your assertion that it was ever forum vs forum. This isnā€™t a bloody kindergarten and if you ever thought there was some kind of childish hissy fit in play or that this forum collectively opposes another forum then I suggest you grow the fuck up. There was just a difference of ideas, a quick separation and that was all. It is unlikely that collectively this forum will book rooms at another forums annual do, some may exhibit or visit as individuals and thatā€™s their shout. Dealerscum do exist, Iā€™ve met some.

13 Likes

Iā€™m tempted to reply to some of the above comments and the OP but I have used up all my diplomacy skills at work. This well doth run dry.
:rolling_eyes:

So, what you mean is that the show was missing the best systems and people were disappointed? Because that is how it comes across.

No chance of me spending my money to further your pocket.

Really, where?

7 Likes

Oh dear, Is that the new Leaf?

1 Like

Leaf would of run out of charge before the apex.

8 Likes

Turning over a new Leaf?

15 Likes

Smile time

4 Likes

Excellent. Fuck Wigwam awarding cats. The Abattoir awards pigeons!

2 Likes

5 Likes