Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

You’re a star mate, thanks, but I’m gonna let that sleeping dog lie - it’s what she did best… :wink:

1 Like

Here is a link on how to repair that Knob .pics have gone but plenty of text for technically minded

https://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?27137-How-to-repair-a-Denon-Micro-system-with-faulty-v

1 Like

A Vertere Mystic cartridge. Notwithstanding that fitting it (to an arm designed by the same person and built in the same place) was fucking grim, it sounds quite tidy so far.

12 Likes

Don’t recall ever hearing one of those.

1 Like

Ive been told its a really really good cart by a couple of people in the know

1 Like

Mine is going nowhere.
I found the set up in the Tri-planar straight forward and the big thumb screws a doddle to use. Good tracking, dynamics only bettered by an absolutely perfectly set up top Decca. Does not get in the way of ethereal music and rocks/ hammers out tracks as they were intended easily separating the strands in the mix with a wide and deep soundstage.
My Kondo Io has been in its box since this arrived as I do not feel the desperate need to put it back in the system as I do not feel I am missing out.
SWMBO loves the way it delivers the music that she likes from early Elton John, Karen Carpenters voice, through to REM, London Grammar to Rag n Bone Man.
SWMBO has by far the best ears and can notice any deficiency without understanding at all how the system works that she is listening to or what is causing it.
Spendy perhaps but I feel worth the asking price. Not heard the red Hana but the Mystic is in a different league to the Hana SL but it is also in a different price bracket.

7 Likes

Not brand new, not in my system yet, but shiny and waiting to be set up

Will just be in the ply plinth for now but I’m going to be making a new one soon.

27 Likes

Wonderful choice Sir

looks nice! Do those Grail folk restore CD players?

What do you think?

1 Like

They replace the internal DAC with Schuman generators and remove the laser for the ultimate in inky blackness.

5 Likes

You might find yourself being led up the mind garden path asking questions like that.

4 Likes

lucky, lucky bastard

One day, I must own one, even if it’s just to look at.

Devonshire :slight_smile:

I think you should change it to Defenascire

From the ‘learn something new every day’ Dept.

The term “Devon” is normally used for everyday purposes, e.g. “Devon County Council” but “Devonshire” continues to be used in the names of the “Devonshire and Dorset Regiment” (until 2007) and “The Devonshire Association”. One erroneous theory is that the “shire” suffix is due to a mistake in the making of the original letters patent for the Duke of Devonshire, resident in Derbyshire. However, there are references to “Defenascire” in Anglo-Saxon texts from before 1000 AD

2 Likes

Have you got a 3012 to put on it? I continue to enjoy my Grail 401/3012 . Lovely sounding combination.

1 Like

Yes I do have a 3012, I’ll probably do that.

1 Like

Good morning!

These are Elipson Heritage XLS 15s and, while it’s possibly a bit early to make a call on performance, I think we can agree that when it comes to the “Why yes, I am single, how can you tell?” aesthetic, they’re pretty stupendous for under two grand.

30 Likes

Those do look rather nice, hope they sound anywhere near as good.

Love the retro look. They would look great with a seventies Jap’ system.