Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

To be honest, I think part of the reason they exist is that the ‘seventies’ bit of that is superfluous. Yamaha AS-1200 and a Technics 1500C and you can party like it’s 1979 only with a full manufacturers warranty.

5 Likes

True. That would be a pretty funky system for < £5k

They look a potential replacement for my tannoys… maybe…

Presumably not one for an exclusive diet of choral Renaissance polyphony?

3 Likes

Cool :sunglasses:

Do those Elipsons come with grilles or is it 100% fugly 24/7 with them?

1 Like

They have grilles.

Love the look, have you heard the JBL L100 Classic? Although they are twice the price.

1 Like

Are they 1974 stylee orange or bright blue?

I have heard the JBLs but not in this room. I’ve spent a few hours with these now and there are some limitations to their abilities but there’s a certain charm to how they go about things too.

1 Like

Black, black or black I’m afraid;

1 Like

That 12” must be crossed over fairly high to meet a 2” dome mid.

1 Like

They certainly loose the ‘I’ve chosen the Incel lifestyle’ appeal with the grilles on. Interesting looking speakers though.

15" and yes- audibly so.

EDIT- no, you’re correct. WTF is the 15 doing in the name?

I assumed that they were 15s as well until I googled them.

1 Like

Channelling the spirit of Celestion 15s?

Lining up for a factually accurate review then.

3 Likes

Today’s schedule involved getting them out the box(es) and writing up the dynamic and exciting copy of an in house sales ‘magazine.’ Reading the press pack and other such niceties will occur nearer the time I actually write about them or I’ll have forgotten it by the time I do.

1 Like

New foo

Sexy Play test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q69UoE2mVec

19 Likes

Just a balanced cable for the Denons. Using the TRRS connection on the Sabaj. Now run both the Denon and HD600 in balanced mode. Happy.

5 Likes

Is that one of those fancy book-larnin’ Litz braided silver ones?