Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

New in at Pully towers is the latest nobsound mini amp effort called the NS -20g, at £37 landed it’s a tiny box that can spurt out 100w per channel has a headphone out plus bluetooth and aux inputs. I did read several negative reports that the case runs very hot and it had poor heat sinking (mine is just 32C so not at all hot) At day two tis early days but it appears an extremely smooth sounding device ( unlike some of the earlier offerings) as yet I’ve experienced none of that spiky shrill edgyness that can creep in to the music with these type of amps. It’s just smooth and detailed. A really good feature is that the headphone output runs at the same time as the speakers so it can be channeled to an active sub perfect for desktops with undertable subs. I have ordered myself a 300w mono amp so I can try that myself.

5 Likes

100w a channel from that?! Wow.

If it actually has to drive something that needs 100WPC, I suspect it’ll run a tad warmer than 32C…

4 Likes

Lent my nobsound out.
Now sounds like an early nait when you turn it on or off.

I have to say that this little thing sounds excellent and for absolute buttons, too :blush:

11 Likes

Hello, I’m mental;

Yes, it’s brand new and hasn’t left the box. It’s (apparently) a one of one spec, in all black with SME V wiring. No, SME did not sell it on its own so, yes, it would have probably been simpler and cheaper to buy an equivalent sized block of uncut heroin and just convince myself I owned one.

27 Likes

I’ve also been playing with new analoguey bits from China.

A 9" carbon fibre arm (not mega spendy)

A couple of quite nice sounding metal bodied, low output MC’s

and their 12" arm

The cartridges are probably the most interesting item.

15 Likes

You weren’t tempted to try the Delft pottery lookalike cartridges then?
:grinning:

How many Uighurs did that take? (Denafrips owner here).

3 Likes

Want!

No, it’d be nice to hear one but not quite ready to take that punt. Their linear tracking arm would be interesting too. They do a nice, laser etched protractor gizmo that appears to be quite keenly priced compared with the Feickert/Clearaudio variants.

1 Like

New version? How are you finding the sound?

2 Likes

The sound is pretty vantastic, thanks.

3 Likes

AI 2nd audio amps

17 Likes

Like altar / shrine vibe.

Oooh, nice.

I foresee a bigger rack in your future…

Nice,what happened to the 6b4g monos?

still here, just going on a 2a3 rampage at the mo. Have got a SE 2a3 amp arriving tomorrow as well, it’s a home made jap sun audio clone but looks interesting and quite well built.

2 Likes