Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

Well it sounds good so far. I wasn’t sure what to expect but its a fine addition to my collection :+1:

It sounded nice in my SME V but that wasn’t an ideal match. I guess thats a TW Acustic Raven arm, if so that does have a higher effective mass so should be a good match.

Correct :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not really second hand, but RS clearance, so I’m ‘avin’ it! :raising_hand_man: :smile:

11 Likes

Brilliant bit of kit

2 Likes

I’m hoping so…It was bought following both your recommendation and the thumbs up from @Tons_of_fun, so I figure I can’t go wrong really! :+1:

2 Likes

Well, I’m still using mine, a few months later, and that’s quite unusual for me :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

High praise indeed. I’m figuring it’s gotta be better than the phono stage in my preamp (Linn Kollektor :scream_cat:) and it will allow me to run two t/tables, so all good. :+1:

2 Likes

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 integrated amp.

Have it setup with a BK XXLS400 sub using the active crossover at 80Hz

With room perfect enabled it’s making some very very nice noises despite being a digital amp.

9 Likes

Trying my Shelter 701 on the Raven arm and it sounds magnificent. I loved this cart from the first time I heard it on my Oracle a few years back but I don’t have a counterweight able to handle it’s 13g weight on the Kuzma so it has been sat awaiting something suitable for a while. You don’t often see these, I believe it was Shelters first cartridge from around 1986 and has since been superseded by the 7000. I assume it has been retipped at some point but it sounds brilliant. Better to my ears than the £2.6k Accord which I used to have.

Anyone else on here have one or owned one?

11 Likes

Isn’t Phil/Papa a Shelter aficionado? Recall them sounding awesome on his Voyd.

I did once have a Shelter 901. Was a lovely cart.

1 Like

I had a 501 way back when, probably sold it 10yrs ago, smooth and dynamic.
Was my first proper MC
Very nice carts.

First UK sample of the Audio Technica ART 20; the rubber mat version of the same design principle that lives inside @crimsondonkey’s one.

It’s brand new so it needs some hours on it but there’s promise already. Yours for £1,895.

10 Likes

Have the buggers included threaded inserts inside the cartridge body yet?

They have! I honestly thought I’d never see the day but they plan to move over to threaded inserts on everything now.

3 Likes

Thank fuck for that!

Where have they put the coils on this one? The cantilever looks well protected.

It has arrived ahead of the press info but I believe that the proboscis at the front has to be at least part of the answer; almost all the mass of the thing seems to be directly over or in front of the stylus.

1 Like

I do love the fact that AT aren’t seen as esoteric or fashionable, the limited cartridges I’ve tried of theirs I’ve been convinced they could choose to charge a lot more for if they wanted to. Long may it continue.

Look forward to hearing your impressions once its got a few more hours on it.

3 Likes

They’re mine now.

30 Likes