Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

I was there too.

IIRC there was an S6 (?) my KSL-SFz and Pete’s AN S9

1 Like

Not sure you are going to find a solution to that problem.
The output of the Io is so low that I fear noise would be a big problem if you tried to amplify that to line level in one go.
Effectively rules out a valve solution too.

1 Like

The best sound I get with the elite is always with the Smart Tractor using uni din alignment.

3 Likes

…and Pete’s silver Slagle (now mine)

I haven’t got one of those - for now I used the Dr Feickert

1 Like

Paging @chelseadave assistance in isle 3 required.

Still going strong Olan :+1: - I’m just now replacing the ‘silent bands’ (aka posh rubber bands) as they’ve gone a bit stretched

…40 quid per band :flushed: (although to be fair they probably have a run of less than 60 per annum)

1 Like

Just got in and had a quick look at the new speaker drivers received today from Japanman. They look in decent condition.

I was on the look out for some alternative 8" wideband drivers and decided to give these a go, though wasn’t thinking that they are 8 Ohms and I think the tweeters are 16. I’ll need to check and have a think about that.

Matsushita EAS-20PW09

Matsushita became Technics/Panasonic.

3 Likes

What are you going to do with them?

Fitted remote controlled plug socket for my border patrol, makes life s lot easier. Also fitted ones for all the plug in lamps.

1 Like

I’ll try them on my 8" horns. See what happens. They go up to around 16kHz or so. Might benefit from using a tweeter.

1 Like

Horns for 8" drivers, not 8" horns.

The wife’s pair of the cheapie Sennheisers recently caused a bit of discontent at her work. She was on a (rare) “cameras on” Teams call and there was grumbling from her colleagues as to how come she had a decent Bluetooth Sennheiser headset and they were stuck with generic garbage.

She had to tell them that she’d sprung for her own but that they were now back to £57 instead of the £26 that she’d paid. Sad face.

6 Likes

So they had to see the brand to know that it sounded better? They must be proper audiophiles then!

1 Like

Puresound L300

29 Likes

What are.the speakers and power amp?

No power amp - Buchardt A700 actives, and the box on the right is a NAD 658 streamer so a slightly weird mash up but it works well so far.

4 Likes

L300s are BIG, but that phono stage is a BEHEMOTH! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Courtesy of @chelseadave :wink:

5 Likes

I got mine for £26 thanks to your tip.
I will have to start wearing mine for Teams calls and see if I can generate any bluetooth envy :grinning:

2 Likes