Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

leave it to tomorrow and get Kevin to do it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Or Saturday and you can do it :grin:

I wouldn’t trust me with that, setting up mine was just looking at photos online and roughly pointing the arm in the right direction and using the bit of paper to roughly get the cart in place.

1 Like

Is @J_B coming Saturday…? :hammer:

2 Likes

No, obviously not for cart setting, but it would be nice to see him :grinning:

Unfortunately I can’t make it, but if you need any advice give me a shout :grinning:I find pipe grips and a crow bar are essential for accurate alignment.

8 Likes

I recently read the instruction for my 312 and there is a specific measurement S-headshell corner for it to sit at (205mm from memory) which has it sitting at a similar angle.
There is some comment about the anti-scate being out if different…

Yes, this is correct. The headshell should be a specific distance from the spindle, this ensures the bias force is correct. Moving it out to be parallel with the plinth will result in the bias being wrong for the set value (unless you use a test record to set it).

Quite.

Have you ceased using the 15m runup and sledgehammer then?

I like a bit of variety in my approach :+1:

4 Likes

Fair enough. I thought you might have run out of breath 7.5m into your 15m run up. Variety is good.

Is m metres or miles?

2 Likes

Metres. It was @J_B and running we were talking about here. 15 miles would require extending the range on his cuntscooter.

2 Likes

That’s a beautiful deck Jim, Ann must be pleased.

2 Likes

Tbh Dave, I don’t think she’s noticed it. She’s not the slightest bit interest in kit.
She likes listening to music on her Alexa jobbie while she’s doing something else, baking for example, but that’s about it.

New wanky cables courtesy of Paul @Mrs_Maureen_OPinion - thank you Sir. :+1:

12 Likes

Lovely, didn’t know Paul had any left, must enquire….

2 Likes

One assembled :grinning: Going to have a little lie down now before I do the other.

43 Likes

Ooh, love that paint colour :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Must feel like bookshelves after Jim’s yesterday

1 Like